Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silichb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,899
Message 141 of 308

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen - Screen scratching

Any others with Case/Complaint numbers they can post on here to continue to build the case?

Lenovo for me still havent provided detail on what if anything has changed to the faulty anti-glare film, but have tried to suggest the "revised" keyboard is part of the fix (doesnt address the root cause though).

Thanks Lenovo,

But two questions still remain unanswered.

1. If the repair of the screen is performed. What happens if the replacement has exactly the same issue (i.e still a faulty/inadequate screen film from the supplier, LG)? It has been documented that this issue is ongoing from a recent as December/January this year. This remains a warranty issue for faulty products. (other customers have also documented that the keyboard and screen has been replaced to find that the screen has the same issue with faulty film i.e a modified keyboard has not solved the root cause being the faulty/inadequate quality screen film. For example my Ipad and Toshiba laptop has a keyboard that contacts the screen when closed and has no similar issue.)
  2. What has changed to the screen technical specification to prevent this issue from reoccurring? (all other tablets I use IPad etc do not have this issue). I don’t intend to waste my time getting the screen replaced only to find Lenovo has not fixed the issue and have to come in and get a second replacement, some further technical details in order to provide assurance is required. This costs time and money and I am sure Lenovo will not reimburse train/ferry tickets to get to the service centre.

If you can’t provide an answer to question 1. then at least an answer to question 2. is required as this goes to the root cause of the issue. Without the above information a full refund is required and I will go an purchase a product that does not have a faulty screen from the factory.

Regards,

Brett Silich

Dear Mr. Silich,

Reference is made to your further email dated January 30, 2019 regarding your comment our repairing service of Lenovo X1 Tablet GEN 3 M/T: 20KJCTO1WW S/N: *********** (“the machine”) is much appreciated.  Once again, thank you very much for bringing the matter to our attention.  We would like to address your concerns as follows.

As per our previous replies, we would like to re-iterate that the issue mentioned on the Lenovo forum has been fixed last year.  An enhanced keyboard is released.  Since your order was accepted and shipped from our plant after the fix, we would like to re-state that your machine is not impacted by such issue.  As a result, we hope to obtain your kind understanding that our special offer of a one-off free repairing service (part and labor) to the machine is made upon customer satisfaction.  Based on the above-mentioned and according to our Limited Warranty, the replacement part provided by Lenovo will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original part.  In addition, only after-sales repairing service to the machine on hardware fixing during warranty period.  Hence, customer is advised to contact or visit our Service Center to obtain our in or out warranty repair service if hardware failure is found on the machine. 

Besides, regarding your concern on our repair service, as per our previous reply, our repair service takes around 4 to 5 working days (subjects to related part(s) availability).   In view of customer satisfaction, our Service Center has specially reserved related parts (LCD and keyboard) for replacement and would like to offer you an express service to complete the aforesaid repair service on the same day, provided that you are invited to visit our Service Center in the morning at your earliest convenience (Address: Unit B & C, 10/F, Grandion Plaza, 932 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon.  Office hours: Mondays to Fridays (11am to 7pm) and Saturdays (10am to 3pm), excluding HK public holidays). 

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your concern with us, which is indispensable to our growth.  We highly value our customers’ satisfaction and look forward to the pleasure of offering our customers excellent service in the future.  Should you have any further comments, please do not hesitate to contact our Service Center at (852) 3140 2788 or via email at 

Best regards,

Admin note; post edited in accordance with the Community Guidelines.

Silichb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,893
Message 142 of 308

Also. Who if anyone has been issued with the enchanced/revised keyboard? Can photos be posted (including part/serial numbers), not that this is the issue of course and ammusing that Lenovo engineers waste time trying to fix something that is just a bandaid and not satisfactory.

wditters
802.11n
Views: 1,888
Message 143 of 308

Well .. out of my own experience I can definitely tell you the keyboard hasn't got anything to do with it .. I even get coating peeling off in areas where I do increased fingertapping .. (Asphalt 9 is a great example where there are two areas in the screen where the touch controls are ...) ... What I do believe is that the keyboard causes the same type damage .. But is not the root cause .. Root cause for me still remains flawed coating ..

Lenovo Premium Business Partner
X1 Tablet 3rd gen | i7-8650U | 16Gb | 1Tb | WWAN | W10 Pro x64 | Thunderbolt 3 Dock
Inlet
Paper Tape
Views: 1,731
Message 144 of 308

Hi, i have the same exact issus, purchase 2 month ago, and there are scracthes one big and other are tiny.  Case #407PY4Q, lets see what happened. Also attached the picture for reference.

tonylaw19
Paper Tape
Views: 1,671
Message 145 of 308

Welp, after exchanging my x1 tablet for a new x1 tablet one month ago, today I discovered several scratches in the upper corner on the opposite side where the fingerprinter is, almost the exact same location where my previous x1 tablet's scratches were located. I called technical support in Atlanta, Georgia, and the woman said she hadn't heard of this problem with the x1 tablets before. Sigh, so frustrating!

my_sttelo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,190
Message 146 of 308

Hi again, 

I got the tablet from the service. They changed my screen for free. The service have confirmed that lenovo knows about this problem and they also issued the keypad and display with special code that resolve the problem. My tablet was produced at the end of December but only the keyboard had the new code (in which theoretically solved the problem) but the screen was the old model that scratch very easy. To be sure for the future, I put the screen protector (brotech air glass - fit very good). Now the tablet is ok. 

tonylaw19
Paper Tape
Views: 1,175
Message 147 of 308

Hey, do you mean Lenovo finally changed the screen-coating? You said "code," so I am confused by that. Thanks.
my_sttelo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,165
Message 148 of 308

The service told me that if they have a problem with the screen scratches ,they must order new led screen with special code that resolve the problem. Also the tablet must have the new keyboard 

Highlighted
chscki
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,105
Message 149 of 308

I had my screen replaced under warranty about 5 weeks ago because the coating started to pick off after only a few weeks of light use.  After the same light use (find hidden objects with the stylus and navigate with my finger in G5 games), my screen is full of fine scratches.

It's clear to me that Lenovo still has a problem that has not been solved.  I plan on having the screen replaced again with, hopefully, an improved screen.  Is that even possible?

TeKnical
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,791
Message 150 of 308

I wanted to throw my voice in. I bought my device in November and has the same issue as has been described many time within a month. I had it sent in for repair, they replaced the screen, and sent it back. I didn't use it for a while due to a trip, but started using it again in mid January. Again the flaking began and I noticed it yesterday. I contacted them today and they at first were just going to do the exact same replacement screen. I told them this is obviosuly a larger issue and they spent some time searching and came back with also replacing the keyboard. I'm sure this will help with the scuffs coming from the keyboard but the scuffs seems to come from other sources too... I have a feeling the scratching will occur, just not as quickly. I wish I had bought the 2in1...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors