Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d_r
Not applicable
Views: 1,018
Message 281 of 293

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen - Screen scratching

@MtnMike wrote:

It's the atfolix protector that has all six, yeah? 

Yes.  I will try to post the photo again:

atfolix.jpg

MtnMike
Not applicable
Views: 958
Message 282 of 293

d_r

Oh.  That's quite good!  Great job on your alignment.

Interesting that the cutout for "sensor" #3 (IR camera IR LED emitter #2) is larger than the cutout for #1, which (I'm pretty sure) is the exact same piece of hardware.  This was the case with the BroTect and the BoxWave too.  I wonder why that third cutout is always made larger?  Strange.

Even though this isn't an engineering-quality drawing, the Field Service Manual from Lenovo depicts both emitters as the same size:IR Emitters.jpg

d_r
Not applicable
Views: 910
Message 283 of 293

@MtnMike wrote:

I wonder why that third cutout is always made larger? 

At least on my computer, Lenovo's cutout in the screen border is larger at that location.  If in fact the sensors are the same, then it was an odd decision by Lenovo, but we can't fault the protector designers for following Lenovo's lead.

Incidentally, while I didn't post a photo, the fingerprint sensor cutout is also quite close to the shape/size of the sensor.

erflesby
Not applicable
Views: 803
Message 284 of 293

Ok I got the mxh25% from photodon. Before saying anything else: yeah, this is eye-wateringly Initial expensive for a screen protector. With shipping it's nearly $40! 

Butinitial impression is just wow. This film is infinitely better than the brotect airglass I had before. (That old one was so bad I took it off and showed my screen to continue to get scuffed). The 25% matte is exactly what I was looking for: a screen protector that did not increase glare and decrease image quality. Since it achieved those two things simultaneously, it gets a 100% score from me. It even hides the smaller scuffs behind the matte texture. Overall a beautiful protector and makes the others I tried look like amateur hour. It was incredibly easy to put on. No stubborn bubbles. They all went away with a brush of the squeegee and 30 seconds of work. Check out the great alignment in the pics.20190622_224723-01.jpeg

20190622_224653-01.jpeg

20190622_224714-01.jpeg

20190622_224920-01.jpeg

pelujan
Not applicable
Views: 683
Message 285 of 293

Snafu first with any kind of e-mail notification of shipment from Mobilis Case (there wasn't) and then my UPS Store having a dated e-mail address for delivery notifications, but Mobilis shipped within four days of order and I actually received the case in another four days. Been sitting at my box for two weeks.

Case is very well built, easy to assemble with the four adhesive, round velcro tabs that secure the bottom back of the X1 Tablet 3rd Gen to the back bottom of the case. For €109.99 it's definitely not cheap, but it's very well made, fits perfectly. Very pleased with the total outcome on protection between the case and the Photodon screen protector.

On the road or in the recliner in my home office I always have my notebooks, including 2-in-1s, on a Belkin Cushdesk on my lap. The mobilis case with it's triangular tent setup has about 2" hanging off the back of the cushdesk, but the X1 Tablet secured in the folio case no longer tips over or back (Surface Pros did the same thing from time to time when not paying attention) when I set the cushdesk on the table next to my chair or when I retrieve it to sit down and work.

DoGood2All
Not applicable
Views: 671
Message 286 of 293

@pelujan wrote:

Case is very well built, easy to assemble with the four adhesive, round velcro tabs that secure the bottom back of the X1 Tablet ...

Thanks for the review. When you have a chance, can you please post a few pics for us? Thanks again!!

pelujan
Not applicable
Views: 667
Message 287 of 293

Actually, their video shows you everything you need to know, see, as they put an X1 Tablet 3rd Gen into the case and show it from multiple angles.

DoGood2All
Not applicable
Views: 646
Message 288 of 293

Great. Thanks.

One question: how easy is it to take the tablet in and out of the case? Do leave the sticky-velcro fasteners on the tablet? Or, is it designed to remain in the case. Thanks for your time!

pelujan
Not applicable
Views: 640
Message 289 of 293

The round velcro tabs can be peeled off the velcro strip on the Mobilis case to remove the X1 Tablet from the folio, but then you'd have to peel them off the back of the tablet as well if you wanted the kickstand to lay down flat when the tablet's not in use, closed up. Functional implication is the folio's designed for the tablet to not be removed from the case once the tablet's in it. At least if you use the round velcro tabs anyway.

My X1 Extreme, my Yoga 920, this X1 tablet 3rd gen as well, I always just leave in the folio case and fold down when not in use.

DoGood2All
Not applicable
Views: 628
Message 290 of 293

Got it. Thanks again for your feedback and review! Greatly appreciated. Kind regards,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors