Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoGood2All
Punch Card
Views: 1,486
Message 291 of 297

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen - Screen scratching

My PhotoDon MXH screen protector arrived, and I installed it this morning. Can't say enough about how much I like it: super easy to install, couple wipes with the squeegee and the bubbles disappear; and the screen is clear with minimal glare. PhotoDon is now my go-to store for all screen protectors. Highly recommend!!

My order for a Lenovo Pen Pro arrived yesterday, and I'm trying it today. On the positive side, it's a little heavier than the pen that came with the Tablet, it comes with spare tips, and the battery is rechargeable via USB C. I have the pressure and tilt sensitivity set to the lowest level. The button on top can be configured to open an App or Setting. On the negative side, unfortunately, Lenovo didn't copy the Surface Eraser, and all things considered, I doubt it's worth the cost.

Indisium
What's DOS?
Views: 937
Message 292 of 297

I have purchased multiple carbon units and have had the screen scratch with minor pen use.. speaking to the rep., I was told that multiple manufactures create these screens and it might just be a bad screen from them.  So far I have managed with a lot of threatening and yelling to get he screens replaced.. don't know what happens as we move forward and if they scratch again.

We have multiple surface products with no problem of these kinds.. but I was trying to standerdize on Lennovo tablets as I expect a lot better from them.

Indisium
What's DOS?
Views: 932
Message 293 of 297

this is the same as what has happened all all the half a dozen tablets I have purchased.. it is definetly NOT CID.. it is bad or defective product. We also use Microsoft surface in this enviroment with no such issues. 

Heluca
Punch Card
Views: 238
Message 294 of 297

Lenovo has had to replace my tablet a 3 times and the coating on the screen started to show wear marks within 4 weeks, even a machine assembed in April of 2019.  For unrelated reasons, I just received my 4th replacement machine and I decided to order a screen protector. 

I have never needed one before and know nothing about them so on the advice in this forum I ordered one from Photodon.  Order process, shipping, delivery, installation kit and instructions were great, but I screwed up on the option.

Beware the 6HS option.  It was appealing from a durability standpoint, but it has basically made my tablet into a mirror and the glare is unbelievable.  The other post recommended the MXH option which notes antiglare, so consider that instead.

MtnMike
Punch Card
Views: 188
Message 295 of 297

Indeed, my personal preference for the PhotoDon protector is the MXH.  It's not a hard matte finish, nor is it crystal clear--it is (IMO) a pretty happy medium.  You will still get a bit of a glare under bright lights, but it strikes a balance between screen clarity and glare reduction.

If you find yourself ordering an MXH protector, there is an option (you'll need to put it in the comments section of your order) for a "single sensor cutout" version that has a single cutout at the top of the protector for the normal camera lens; all the other sensors will be covered by the protector.  (It also has a cutout for the fingerprint reader.)  The single sensor cutout style works with all the films but the high-matte MXG film.  At least according to my testing:  (the following is not definitive nor scientific...it's just my observations)

8-15-2019 2-22-53 PM.jpg

This "single sensor cutout" is the version I've been using for several months and it is working great (MXH film).  No issues with the functionality or performance of the IR camera or any other sensors.  

It's a personal aesthetic hang-up, but I like the screen protector having as few holes as possible.  Purely a personal opinion.

DSC_5995 (2) (Large).JPG

DoGood2All
Punch Card
Views: 173
Message 296 of 297

Anyone who considers a screen protector from Photodon, please watch one of the installation videos on their website: https://www.photodon.com/Videos.html I've now installed 4 MXH protectors and 1 four-way privacy following the video guides. All have gone on effortlessly and flawlessly. I can't recommend Photodon highly enough. Just take your time, choose your environment carefully, and follow the instructions.
erflesby
Fanfold Paper
Views: 137
Message 297 of 297

Had the same problem with brotect. I can vouch for photodon mxh though. It's great and had held up well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors