Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heluca
Punch Card
Views: 2,328
Message 31 of 297

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen - Screen scratching

Has anyone used the Lenovo screen protector with this tablet? 

4XJ0L59646 Lenovo Anti-glare Filter for X1 Tablet from 3M

Does Windows Hello still work after installing it? 

Is it durable enough for the pen?

Erfs
What's DOS?
Views: 2,185
Message 32 of 297

Glad I found this thread. I see that there are other threads like this too, and for other devices like the yoga 900. This is crazytown. I was about to pull the trigger and hit the checkout button on an x1 on Lenovo's website, and thought I'd better Google about X1 problems first. This is just shocking. On a device that is all screen, and whose primary purpose is to be looked at, prodded with fingers, and poked with a pen, you do not screw the screen up. I'm not buying it now, and thank you to the posters here for warning me. I guess I'll have to get a galaxy book instead, which stinks because I want a 13" tablet. Again, this is just stupid.

I hope Lenovo is listening.

wditters
802.11n
Views: 2,001
Message 33 of 297

My own X1 Tablet 3rd gen (20KK - full options - 2 weeks old) exhibits the exact same thing. This definitely looks like a serious design error. I am currently escalating this within Lenovo. Will keep you up-to-date with my findings.

Lenovo Premium Business Partner
X1 Tablet 3rd gen | i7-8650U | 16Gb | 1Tb | WWAN | W10 Pro x64 | Thunderbolt 3 Dock
majidessa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,975
Message 34 of 297

I think the best option we have now (although some might dislike it) is to install a screen protector which I did in the first week thanks to this thread. I have also purchased a protector case as I think the tablet is fragile. 

Unfortunetly, I don't think there will be a fix for the screen scratch as Lenovo would need to call in all the defective units and it will be very costly. I believe  this is a design weakness that we either accept  or refuse by returning our tablets within the return period. 

luispe
Punch Card
Views: 1,970
Message 35 of 297

I'm in the same situation, as mentioned a couple of weeks ago. 
Decided to trust Lenovo and sent it in for repair, I hope that they do have some sort of definite solution. Will wait to see when the laptop returns next week, and will monitor it.

wditters
802.11n
Views: 1,891
Message 36 of 297

I think this picture does a good job of showing that it indeed is a coating issue.. 

Lenovo Premium Business Partner
X1 Tablet 3rd gen | i7-8650U | 16Gb | 1Tb | WWAN | W10 Pro x64 | Thunderbolt 3 Dock
thinkpadfreak
Token Ring
Views: 1,852
Message 37 of 297

Does anybody know anyone with an X1 Tablet that doesn't have this issue? I'm still curious why more people aren't complaining to Lenovo about this obvious defect.

luispe
Punch Card
Views: 1,773
Message 38 of 297

Thought I'd share my experiences with this issue. I bought it two months ago hoping that these reports where isolated instances. Two weeks ago the coating in my device started to peel off.

Once more, I was naive enough to simply send it in for repair. I was assured that 5 - 7 days and they would be sending it back. I was hoping that they would have a solution to it, and even sent a nice letter with the machine explaining the situation.
Today I was told that the repair is billable, for the replacement of the LCD.

Needless to say I am extremely dissapointed. Over the phone I was told that they are escalating my case to Lenovo, and I should here back between 24 to 72 BUSINESS hours.

Obviously, given this prelude I do not hold my hopes up on Lenovo being able to properly fix it. I will keep updating the situation . 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,621
Message 39 of 297

I'm on day 13 and have the wear spots in the upper middle of the screen like everyone else does. If the keyboard is wearing into the coating on day 13, how the hell is this coating supposed to survive daily use with a stylus? I sold my Microsoft Surface 2017 for this thing, and I ported that tablet around for a year and a half without ever seeing a mark on the screen. Not from the keyboard, not from the stylus.

To say that I have a healthy dose of buyer's remorse is an understatement. After reading all these stories, I can't see how Lenovo is going to 'fix' this, except by firing out tablet after tablet to me until I get frustrated returning them.

Anyone got any stories about X280 screens scratching? All I need is a machine with two USB-C, and one of those has to be Thunderbolt for my eGPU.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,619
Message 40 of 297

"Today I was told that the repair is billable, for the replacement of the LCD."

A two month old machine comes back with the coating on the LCD peeling off, and they want YOU to pay for it?

Just take an exchange. Why should YOU pay for an LCD that has a design flaw?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors