Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acharai
Paper Tape
Views: 3,370
Message 11 of 293

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen - Screen scratching

I don't know, it's hard to say. Lenovo seems to think it's woth looking into anyway. I'm hoping yours will be fine, if it's not you can always reference to this thread if you have a hard time when dealing with customer support.

agordon117
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,287
Message 12 of 293

Make sure you let us know here when they say they've found a solution.  I still haven't been able to reach anyone about this that knows anything about it, and even though I informed them of the problem, and told them I don't really want the screen replaced until it will be permanently fixed, I worry that when the fix comes they will say "oh, you've had that for 6 months, of course there are some scratches".  I had them add a note that the problem existed on day 11 of owning the device, so hopefully it will go smoothly.  

msolok
Paper Tape
Views: 3,261
Message 13 of 293

Hi All,

I've had some more contact from Lenovo in regards to this issue. They have apparently developed a new keyboard cover that addresses this issue and won't scratch the screen. I have been offered one to trial. Unfortunately I now longer have mine as I opted for a full refund a month or so ago.

I have also provided some more feedback to them that I don't believe a new keyboard cover design alone will fix the issue. While it's a good first step, it won't address the scratching issues caused by the stylus. They really need to address the screen coating which isn't suitable.

I'm not sure if I will get any more feedback from them in regards to this issue, but if I do I will let you guys know.

Heluca
Punch Card
Views: 3,138
Message 14 of 293

My tablet came with a perfect screen, but within days I noticed a small dot where the anti-glare has rubbed off.  There are corresponding rub marks on the keyboard and now there are many in a line on the display.  I haven't opened a support case, but definate design issue.  Any news?  I haven't opened a support case yet, but will be.

luispe
Punch Card
Views: 3,105
Message 15 of 293

Please let us know if you contact Lenovo, and what solutions they give.

About to receive my device next week, will check if the problem happens on mine as well.

JRiggs
Paper Tape
Views: 2,963
Message 16 of 293

Hello,

I too have the same issue since i got the first one for my office.  I sent that unit off to be replaced and the new screen with a new keyboard is still scratching up immedially.  Just closing the keyboard alone causes the screen to scratch.  I have also used all surface models and never had this kind of issue.

I really like the tablet and ordered only 1 more and am prepaired to put a screen protector on right away. This is how much I like it. I would be buying 6 more but sadley have to look at surface products because I cant trust the screen issue without Lenovo saying anything about it.

Deeas
What's DOS?
Views: 2,838
Message 17 of 293

Hi guys,

Just sent my tablet for repairs after identifying the same issue. My screen coating was flaking off in the same exact place as in someone's pics. Also, headphone jack was not working. I'm not sure if it stopped working or it was not working from the beginning as I didn't use headphones until recently. However, they said that parts are not available and I'm not sure how long it will take to get it repaired.

screencoating
Punch Card
Views: 2,683
Message 18 of 293

I'm so glad I found these posts. 
I also seem to be having the same problem on my tablet. I love this device, but the it definitely looks like the screen coating must have been worn by the keyboard cover right where the trackpoint middle button is! 
It's so frustrating to see those aberrations everytime I look at the screen and I'm afraid of using the Lenovo pen in that area because the texture is different.

This definitely looks like a defect problem with the keyboard cover design and when I mentioned it to support they seemed like they weren't aware of this issue.

I was hoping to use this device for a while and being in school, I don't have time to mess around with support all day.

I don't want to return this machine but I might have to if this doesn't get resolved. 

thinkpadfreak
Token Ring
Views: 2,241
Message 19 of 293

After these complains, is anybody still suffering from the same problem with the latest replacements? It was the main reason I returned mine, but if this problem is solved, I'm reconsidering getting one again.

Dan_HXT
What's DOS?
Views: 2,176
Message 20 of 293

Hi everyone,

My tablet developed the same screen issue. (see pictures)

Has there been any fix from Lenovo? Or do they just replace the screen and after a few weeks the scratches are back?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors