Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erflesby
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,269
Message 201 of 243

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen - Screen scratching

Funny part is the heat issue could be fixed if we could actually install Intel's Xtreme tuning tool... But we can't even install that: unsupported processor! Smiley Very Happy

Brandomeister
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,247
Message 202 of 243

Yeah! I can attest to the heat for the 8550u. I had to use ThrottleStop to undervolt and underclock to keep from thermal throttling all the time. It was running 75-85°C consistently which is not safe at all... Also, I was only getting a mere 3 hours of battery life. However, once undervolting (-99.6mv) and underclocking (to 3.5Ghz instead of 4

.0Ghz) the heat is now around 60°C under high loads (idles around 40°C) and the battery life is around 6 hours under normal loads (browsing, YouTube, etc) at 60% brightness. 

I actually thought the spots were caused by the heat got when I first sent it in. In fact, I told the service rep they were "heat spots." This was because the screen got really hot where the spots were showing up (like burn the finger hot). But, then I saw all the issues with the keyboard on this forum.. I am wondering if the heat doesn't help soften/weaken that coating some. I would be bold enough to say that if a Mac or Dell had a trackpad button, it wouldn't scuff simply because of how solid their modern display technology is. Maybe the heat softens the coating to the point where it doesn't take much to wear the display down. Just a thought. 

Orion9282
Punch Card
Views: 1,236
Message 203 of 243

Hi all,

I've noticed lag too on my i7. Per someone else's comment about keeping this thread on topic (screen scratching issue)... I found a relevant reddit post where a user had success with tweaking the processor settings and put it on this forum thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Tablets/X1-Tablet-i7-is-25-slower-than-i5/m-p/4372819#M35127

my_sttelo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,154
Message 204 of 243

Hi all,

After changing my x1 tablet's screen, I mounted the brotect airglass foil. The foil durability is 9H(very good quality) . After about 3 weeks of use, the foi it was scratched in the same place like first screen, so I think the problem is with the keypad and not the screen quality.

The keyboard is to hard for this tablet. 

MotoX01
Paper Tape
Views: 1,091
Message 205 of 243

Hello again,

I would have to agree with everyone about the keyboard being the issue. Last night I lined up the keyboard to see if any of the buttons lined up with the scuffs... Sure as gods got sandals the center track pad buttons four corners line up exactly where the center scuffs that are on my screen, and the the outer scuffs line up to the outer edges of the right and left click buttons. To further push the point the buttons themselves are also scuffed from making contact to the screen. Keep in mind this is the "updated keyboard". Knowing this is going to make my phone conversation very entertaining, wish me luck.

MotoX01

Silichb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,068
Message 206 of 243

The Keyboard is not the root cause. The Keyboard is exacerbating the problem, which is poor quality/faulty screen coating. On the Surface pro, my Ipad Pro and older Toshiba Ultrabook Laptop all of them have the keyboard in constant contact with the screen when closed and you can see this when the screen is dirty. But never, never have they scratched the screen like what is happening with the Lenovo XI Tablet.

Orion9282
Punch Card
Views: 803
Message 207 of 243

Just talked to the Depot. They're charging me and there's nothing I can do about it.

ineed
Punch Card
Views: 779
Message 208 of 243

dont give up. my case took almost 2-3 Month after they repaird it for free. Tell them that they send you case to the next level.(manager etc.)

I bought now BROTECT® AirGlass® and it is pretty nice. The reaction from the screen is the same.  The disadvantage is the increased reflection. You can hardly work outside if you have something which is dark. That is not so nice.

Nevertheless, I would not buy Lenovo equipment anymore. Sorry but for 2000 Euro ... I expect more. You do not need to talk about the service. Now we have to buy a protector so we dont get damages on it. what is this?!!?

You can talk as long as you want about the X1 but it is not worth to buy a product which has such a bad screen.

Orion9282
Punch Card
Views: 763
Message 209 of 243

I already talked to a supervisor and they basically were a brick wall. They didn't listen to the other case numbers, they didn't care about this forum. They didn't care at all.

If there's any recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

Brandomeister
Fanfold Paper
Views: 819
Message 210 of 243

I'm not sure if you've said this recently but how long have you had your X1 Tablet? Really, it shouldn't matter because I received mine on Black Friday 2018, and the spots didn't show until early January 2019 (around 40 days). I initially told them I thought the damaged was caused by excessive heat (heat spots on the display) because that's where the display was getting the hottest.

Upon receiving the device at the depot, they gave me the line about CID (customer induced damage) relating to the keyboard, to which I replied, "Didn't you, Lenovo, make the keyboard?" It would be one thing for me to have used a third party keyboard.. but this was Lenovo's manufacturing and design process that "caused" the damage.

Honestly, I wouldn't take no for an answer while speaking with them. It was an awkward conversation, but I actually anticipated threatening to contact a business watchlist agency or the Better Business Bureau (not sure if that would've done anything though).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors