cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 404
Message 1 of 5

X1 Tablet 3rd gen - anyone NOT using a screen protector?

Reading through the screen scratching thread it seems this is still an issue. My question: is anyone here using their X1T3 without screen protector, and if so, how is the screen holding up? Are there any lucky owners who use the bare screen and who don't see any scratching happen? 

inxiu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 370
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd gen - anyone NOT using a screen protector?

I'm not using screen protector. So far it is fine for me.

Well, I will using it if I'm working in heavy duty area like in  a construction site or whatsoever.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 357
Message 3 of 5

@inxiu wrote:

I'm not using screen protector. So far it is fine for me.

Well, I will using it if I'm working in heavy duty area like in  a construction site or whatsoever.

Thanks for responding, great. Would you mind sharing how long you've had the tablet? Do you do any note taking, and do you carry it around with the keyboard closed a lot?

Some people report that using the pen caused display scratches/flaking, others report that carrying it around with the keys against the screen causes trouble. I'm basically trying to decide if I'll chance it without a screen protector, so if anyone else can chime in with their experience of going without screen protector, that would be helpful!

Highlighted
inxiu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 338
Message 4 of 5

I have been using it for 3 months for daily activities. Like office job, sketching, etc. So far I have no issue with the screen. The issue is that the pen holder is not compatible to any slots provided. How come they provide USB type C but the pen holder is not compatible with any of it.

Yes, i always brings it with the keyboard to cover the screen. So far no issue for me with the screen, I can make peace with it. 
But i believe everybody has their own preferences in using theirs

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 325
Message 5 of 5

@inxiu wrote:

I have been using it for 3 months for daily activities. Like office job, sketching, etc. So far I have no issue with the screen. The issue is that the pen holder is not compatible to any slots provided. How come they provide USB type C but the pen holder is not compatible with any of it.

The pen holder goes in the lower right, there's a slot on the tablet body, behind the kickstand. Works for me! Anyway, thanks for the feedback on the screen, I think I'll chance it as well. 

Still interested in anyone else's experiences going without screen protector for an extended period. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors