Views: 998
Message 3 of 7

Re: few Little questions...

digitallysane
SCSI Port
Views: 989
Message 4 of 7

To me, the thread says quite clearly that the bootloader is unlocked and there will only be an upgrade to ICS and not to other Honeycomb releases (3.2 etc).

When a quote like "8. Lenovo encourages voiding the warranty independent software development and tech innovation." comes from a Lenovo employee, it means "unlocked bootloader" to me (at least this is how I translate "independent development"). And the "voiding the warranty" wink just strenghtens this in my view.

As for updates, again: "11. ThinkPad will push out Over the Air (OTA) update for Ice Cream Sandwich the next OS" and the note below "[...]clarify that OTA update is only for next major Android update."

So minor updates won't be available.

Dragos

digitallysane
SCSI Port
Views: 985
Message 5 of 7

Regarding 1., I suppose you already know the link but anyway: http://www2.partnerinfo.lenovo.com/ca/en/thinkpadtablet.shtml

bottom-left there is a link to a PDF with the accessories (or direct link here: http://www.partnerinfo.lenovo.com/us/en/pdf/Top_Options_ThinkPad_Tablet.pdf )

where the Keyboard Folio is described as "leather" and another folio with no keyboard as "leather-like".

Dragos

mentalist
Punch Card
Views: 945
Message 6 of 7

mentalist
Punch Card
Views: 876
Message 7 of 7

speaking to lenovo sales - useless.. can not provide ANY information until the product is released... if this is the quality of pre-sales service I can only shudder at thinking what lack of support you get once you buy lenovo... very disappointed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors