Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

01-20-2012

Toronto

7 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 1 of 4

folio keyboard frustrations

2012-02-23, 15:47 PM

My folio keyboard is only being detected about 20 % of the time and when it is detected I am getting the characters repeated for at least 100 occurrences. Other times it will stop working while typing and the gui keyboard pops up. I lift up the pad to detach from the usb and reinsert. Still does not detect the keyboard even though I perform this detach and reattach several times.

Is this a problem requiring service or does someone have a solution. I am getting fed up with all the problems I am having with the TPT.

Options

353 Posts

03-29-2008

609 Signins

9408 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: folio keyboard frustrations

2012-02-23, 19:29 PM

I do not own a ThinkPad tablet yet, but had been working with one for a few days (including the ThinkPad tablet keyboard folio case accesory). It worked nicely and its owner has not observed any of the problems you describe either.  My advice would be contacting with Lenovo and provide a detailed description of this odd behavior.  For me the keyboard folio case has two (minor) problems only:

1. it removes our ability to use the full-sized USB port on the tablet.
  2. it cannot be bended in a way that allows the tablet being used as anything but a laptop: there should be a way to put the keyboard under the tablet.

Edit: it should not be a software related problem either, as this tablet had been working unpatched at its initial revision (before first OTA) for months.

Options

268 Posts

09-02-2008

United States of America

567 Signins

5465 Page Views

• Views: 5465
  • Message 3 of 4

2012-02-23, 21:27 PM

wrote:

My folio keyboard is only being detected about 20 % of the time and when it is detected I am getting the characters repeated for at least 100 occurrences. Other times it will stop working while typing and the gui keyboard pops up. I lift up the pad to detach from the usb and reinsert. Still does not detect the keyboard even though I perform this detach and reattach several times.

Is this a problem requiring service or does someone have a solution. I am getting fed up with all the problems I am having with the TPT.

You should call support, looks like you have bad hardware.

Options

48 Posts

03-31-2008

Kuwait

66 Signins

317 Page Views

• Views: 317
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-03-01, 23:36 PM

wrote:

any other solution

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms