Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

25 Posts

01-16-2013

Petaluma

87 Signins

935 Page Views

• Views: 935
  • Message 11 of 18

Re: if i like my Surface Pro, would i love a TT2?

2013-02-15, 6:20 AM
I've had my TPT2 for about a month now, and have been amazed with it. The USB power thing hasn't been an issue, my keyboard and usb headphones both work. The battery life is superb. Build quality is excellent. I have also not had any of the wireless or random shutdown issues that other have been having on the forum.

I have ran matlab, one-note, skydrive, and firefox all at the same time with no problem.
Options

38 Posts

01-03-2013

Lynchburg, VA

88 Signins

781 Page Views

• Views: 781
  • Message 12 of 18

2013-02-15, 15:35 PM

I can confirm that the issue with OneNote and video recording has something to do with the drivers or software related to the front and rear facing camera.  I have a PS3 Eye camera with software loaded on the tablet to record video (I am a track coach and use video analysis software and am able to use the PS3 Eye to capture) and was able to successfully capture video in OneNote 2013 with this setup.  So we know that the program functions properly.  Now it is isolating whether this is an issue with Atom or with the current set of video drivers found in the TPT2.  I'd be curious if anyone has one of the other atom tablets would be able to give OneNote a try and see if their results are similar.

Options

1118 Posts

12-06-2012

Netherlands

6371 Signins

67362 Page Views

• Views: 67362
  • Message 13 of 18

2013-02-15, 17:16 PM

I've tried a variety of settings using the TPT2's front and rear cameras and microphones, and have yet to find a setting that works within OneNote 2013. Something is clearly wrong with this.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Options

226 Posts

10-08-2011

Florida

1049 Signins

4987 Page Views

• Views: 4987
  • Message 14 of 18

2013-02-15, 17:45 PM

wrote:

I've tried a variety of settings using the TPT2's front and rear cameras and microphones, and have yet to find a setting that works within OneNote 2013. Something is clearly wrong with this.

I agree.

I have been able to do audio only in OneNote 2010, but never video.  Per some of my other posts. I've also had trouble with other webcam software from desktop mode.  ManyCam has never worked, and returns an error indicating it can't get permission to access the cameras from the OS.  Nero Vision sometimes has been able to access the cameras and record video, but sometimes displays only a black screen from either camera even though it captures sound.  Only Skype has worked consisently for me from the desktop (I prefer the desktop install to the Metro app) with the webcam, but that's to be expected since it is now a MicroSoft product... :smileywink:

Options

38 Posts

01-03-2013

Lynchburg, VA

88 Signins

781 Page Views

• Views: 781
  • Message 15 of 18

2013-02-15, 19:07 PM

It would appear that there has to be some issue within the coding being used for the cams in the TPT2.  I'm hopeful that this is something that can be rectified in the future with additional updates and drivers.  

Options

1118 Posts

12-06-2012

Netherlands

6371 Signins

67362 Page Views

• Views: 67362
  • Message 16 of 18

2013-02-15, 19:46 PM

wrote:

It would appear that there has to be some issue within the coding being used for the cams in the TPT2.  I'm hopeful that this is something that can be rectified in the future with additional updates and drivers.  

This may be a general problem with other Intel Clover Trail tablets that use the same Intel hardware.- it may not be unique to the TPT2. Whatever, I hope that the problem gets tackled quickly.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Options

13 Posts

03-10-2013

UK

39 Signins

209 Page Views

• Views: 209
  • Message 17 of 18

2013-03-12, 18:24 PM
does it run onenote 2013 from skydrive and can you make handwritten annotations on a pre printed 60 slide pdf on onenote with no lag and can you move about easily on it. I only want it for making my notes during lectures because as a pharmacy student the paper notes stack up and are hard to keep organised
Options

11 Posts

02-08-2013

Canada

6 Signins

158 Page Views

• Views: 158
  • Message 18 of 18

2013-03-13, 5:54 AM
I've been using the TPT2 for almost 2 months.

Recently it crashed on me twice. Once frozen, and another time a lovely blue screen.
This occurred when I had onenote, word, PDF reader, fox it PDF reader, IE, all running and active. Plus Dropbox and Skydrive in the background.

So, I decided to get a surface pro this week to try out. Definitely speedy and better resolution (although not as good as retina display on my iPad4, unfortunately)
Too heavy for holding.
Mightily hot to hold!
Battery as you've heard may be an issue, but I haven't cycled the charging to see what happens.

I'm going to keep the TPT2 as it is lighter, thinner, not brutally hot, and sacrificing speed, screen resolution, and performance oh well.
So, it depends on what you want to use your device for.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)