Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicolodo
Paper Tape
Views: 325
Message 1 of 2

thinkpad 8 does not start anymore

Hello,

about 2 years ago i bought a thinkpad 8. 

I used it for some short periods.

Some days ago i recharged the tablet for some hours and started it,

but instead to start normally and show the Lenovo logo, it showed some messages about errors on firmware flashing, and restarted itself with the same errors, in a boot loop.

I tried to recharge fully the tablet, and this time it was able to start .

So i entered in windows, and saw that the WLAN adapter was not working (Wifi not able to start).

I tried to uninstall the latest windows update , thinking that the problem could depend on that.

But on reboot, i saw the same error messages, it entered again in boot loop, for 2-3 times, then it again was able to start and run windows.

I thought that the problem could be caused by the BIOS, so i went to the Lenovo support site, and dowloaded and run the BIOS update .exe , that is one of the downloads listed for the tablet.

But, after the run, the Thinkpad 8 does not start anymore:

No messages,  the Lenovo logo is not displayed,  i see that it starts because i can feel with my finger the haptic feedback when i touch the windows logo, and see that the display is slightly luminous.

But nothing other.

What could be happened?

Do you have any suggestion to recover my tablet?

Thank you

Lodovico

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 227
Message 2 of 2

Re: thinkpad 8 does not start anymore

Hi vicolodo! The issue is most likely a hardware failure and we suggest you to bring it to the nearest authorized repair centers for further assistance. You can find the list here: https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6, filter the country. You may also ask assistance or options from our support team: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors