Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

thinkpad tablet shutting down by itself

OK, guys this totally sucks. I bought the tinkpad tablet almost 3 weeks now and this kind of thing happens 3 times already.

Problem:

The machine shuts down by itself for no reason and then restarts. OK, just when I thought everything is all good to go, the same thing happens again. The gap between each time is about 2 minutes, then it just keep repeating this problem until ( i don't know how many times , i lost count) I reset it into the factory defult setting. So I lost all the data and had to go over the same thing all over again.

I had enough of this useless product.

I don't know if it is a hardware problem or is it something not right with the software.

Do you guys have the same problem like mine ?

Lenovo please fix these strange problems with the tablet, it just got so many bugs , it is not funny.

WWAN
0 Kudos

Re: thinkpad tablet shutting down by itself

Every time I had a similar problem it was software related. Try uninstalling the last app.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Highlighted
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Re: thinkpad tablet shutting down by itself

Hi melaleuca,

my TPT did that too. I came to the conclusion that it could not be software related, because it happend also shortly after factory reset with no additional software installed.
And after an hotline- and repair odyssee, I now get a new mainboard.
I had to send it in twice before they believed me and found something... Or just give me a new mainboard to shut me up.
I have to admit that diagnostics are a bit complicated when the tablet does something like that, because the crashes were in my case totally unpredictable and I found no reproducible reason. Also, there showed nothing in the logs...