Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfbrennan
Paper Tape
Views: 615
Message 1 of 4

tpt2 playing downloaded video choppy

i downloaded a movie yesterday and when i played it it was really choppy.  as bad as that was, after about 15 mins the screen went blank but i could still hear the audio.  couldnt get the movie back without restart.  this routine was continued throughout the entire movie.  I read some posts regarding something similar from Jan 2013 - has ir is there anything to fix this?  i just got this tpt2 a few weeks ago!!!

rbc_tn
Token Ring
Views: 591
Message 2 of 4

Re: tpt2 playing downloaded video choppy

I have found that on the TPT2 the built in video player in Windows 8.x cannot handle video with any kind of decent resolution. I've tried several other video players and the only one that worked well is Daum PotPlayer. It's developed by a tem in Korea, but you can get an English version at http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PotPlayer

The default skin has really tiny buttons but you can switch to a more finger-friendly skin in the Preferences. I find that the "BlackSpace_en.dsf" skin is not too bad.

- rick

SDreamer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 550
Message 3 of 4

where are you playing the video from first of all, removable storage or on board storage? ive been able to play a 1080 mkv file no problems using codecs from klite.

cfbrennan
Paper Tape
Views: 537
Message 4 of 4

I downloaded the movie and played it via iTunes.  I think that was my problem.  I have since played other movies via NetFlix, etc and they have all been fine.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors