Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Headset w/ microphone dilemma

[ Edited ]

I haven't been able to find a headset w/ microphone with single plug to match the combination headset/microphone jack on my W510. Anybody have a source? (later) Found a connector on Amazon Item #B002SK66OY. 

802.11n

Get a USB headset

[ Edited ]

Hi, Onion_Eye,

Please don't cry! Smiley Very Happy

The sound quality is way better with USB. Forget analog. You can get one at Radio Shack or anywhere else.

For example

Best, ZZ

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Re: Get a USB headset

Thanks ZZ.  I tried a USB headset (Microsoft) and it didn't work for me.  In any event, as you may have seen in my edited post that I found a connector at Amazon for the headset I do have (came with Dragon Naturally Speaking). 

Bit Torrent
0 Kudos

Re: Get a USB headset

If you tried http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-JUG-00001-LifeChat-LX-3000-Headset/dp/B000J4WPW8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electr... and it didn't work, then it's your machine not the headset. I have used that particular model quite a bit.

I prefer a lighter weight headset that doesn't cup my entire ear so I use a Plantronics set.  You don't have to spend a fortune on the USB headset but you can give up on analog.

RAID Mirror
0 Kudos

Re: Headset w/ microphone dilemma

onion_eye wrote:

I haven't been able to find a headset w/ microphone with single plug to match the combination headset/microphone jack on my W510. Anybody have a source?

Any Blackberry headset from the past 8 years of production (the ones with the little ear-buds and microphone on the cable) will work just fine.  I suspect that other brands of cell phone headsets will also work just fine.  The connector on the W520 (which I presume is the same as the connector on a W510) is identical to the connector on current production Blackberry phones.

Michael

W520 (4270 CTO), which replaced a W500 (4062-27U), which replaced a T42P, which replaced an A21P...
eos
802.11n
0 Kudos

Get the Logitec 960 USB headset. The will outlast 3 normal headsets, and have very good quality.
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your suggestions.