Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
What's DOS?
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Webcam issues

OK, i need to use my webcam (built in to W500) with GotoWbinar

I need it do "film" me, to broadcast in this online meeting. I just need window of the feed. Is this possible and how?

PS: Joining this forum is a pain in the butt. It does not tell u the password rules, until u make a password. Then it rejects it.... lame

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Re: Webcam issues

RAID Mirror

If you go have a look at the Device Driver File Matrix for your computer (at this URL: Drivers and software - ThinkPad W500), you will find that Lenovo provides a driver for the camera.  After you install that driver, you can then access and control your camera from whatever application you wish to use it with.

The camera is a bit like a keyboard or a printer, in the sense that there is no unique "program" that is used to operate it.  Instead, other applications that you may have installed that can recognize and take advantage of a camera (for example, Skype, or an instant messaging program, or whatever conference software you have) will then be able to use the W500 built-in camera.

You control the built-in camera from within the application you are using, exactly the same concept as how you control a printer or a keyboard from within whatever application you are using. 

W520 (4270 CTO), which replaced a W500 (4062-27U), which replaced a T42P, which replaced an A21P...
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

I'm using T61 laptop and I can't seem to download the Easy Camera software.Everytime I try to download it,it pops out an error window saying the product is not manufactured by the Quanta Computer Inc. Is there any way I can download the Easy Camera software without any hassle?

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Several weeks ago I purchased a ThinkPad W520.

It works fine.

Just one issue: Depending on the lighting in the room, the webcam picks up the glow from the green light, which is right next to it. This becomes visible as a green half-circle halo on the left side of the screen that shows me when I am using video conferencing software.

This seems to be a design problem. The green light is positioned too close to the integrated webcam.

So where do we go from here?
Use a black marker or black tape to cover the green light?
This is a rather silly solution for a brand new computer.