Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎08-05-2009
Location: Singapore
0 Kudos

Wireless connectivity W500

Hi there, i've been experiencing problems of connection interrupted error and dns lookup failure on my W500 for the past few days..

The wireless lan connected properly and i can nslookup and ping the website names, but i am unable to surf the websites.

This problem occurs everytime when i am using the net at home, my sis is using T410 and there is no problem with the internet connection. So i am wondering if it is the problem of my hardware or just that theres something wrong with the software?

Posts: 9,048
Registered: ‎12-26-2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
0 Kudos

Re: Wireless connectivity W500

If you can ping and it resolves to the proper IP address, then the DNS is fine.

Tried a different browser and/or deleting the cache?
W520: 2720QM, Q2000M at 1091/1376, 21GB RAM, 500GB + 750GB HDD, FHD screen & MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Y3P: 5Y70, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, QHD+ screen
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎08-05-2009
Location: Singapore
0 Kudos

Re: Wireless connectivity W500

Pinging works perfectly well when i tried with the names

But nslookup isn't working at all.

i tried doing ipconfig /flushdns to clean the cache but it still does not help

All the browsers are nearly the same, firefox and IE are just barely in a usable state while chrome is nearly unusable at all.

I have also tried out clearing my  browsers cache but without any relieving of the situation
But somehow after a day or two the problem resolves by itself, and sometimes it comes back again.