Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
0 Kudos

Re: w520 can anyone give me a direct link to the w520 network driver

[ Edited ]

The gap doesn't exude a "quality" look and feel to the unit. The installed DVD drive doesn't have a gap so if the gap was to be a "good" feature, then why was the Enhanced Ultrabay DVD drive released? Certainly the 9.5mm Slim Ultrabay DVD drive could have been used, correct (it does fit)? No, this is about cost tradeoff and not about fit and finish. The third party adapter uses 4 screws to attach the drive to the adapter which makes it quite secure as well. The bezel matches the lower case perfectly. Maybe there will be an "official" Enhanced Ultrabay SATA adapter released in October.

nitrap wrote:

And one other thing: Is there a Ultrabay Sata adapter which hasn't a gap for my w520?

I have the Lenovo adapter and have had no problem.  The HDD stays in place with the locking bar in the adapter, and the adapter itself is stable --- in fact it fits better than my battery Smiley Happy.  A lot has been written about this adapter, but bottom line I have had no issues (at least until the dog hair starts flowing through that gap).  And after using a T61p I am happy to have as much air as possible flowing through my machine.

W520 Windows 7 SP1 Pro, i7-2820QM, BIOS 1.42, 1920x1080 FHD, 32 GB RAM, 2000M NVIDIA GPU, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD, Crucial MX200 mSata 512GB, WD 2TB USB 3.0, eSata Plextor PX-LB950UE BluRay

W520 Windows 10 Pro, i7-2760QM, BIOS 1.42 1920x1080 FHD, 32 GB RAM, 1000M NVIDIA GPU, Crucial M550 512GB mSata SSD, Hitachi 500GB HDD, WD 2TB USB 3.0