Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,556
Message 21 of 225

Re: 2019 X1 Yoga 4th Gen discussion thread

@KyuuET wrote:
Hit, as in "it's a Thinkpad". Miss, as in a very minor upgrade.

I have yet to see any product codes available from any suppliers, no preorder dates and no prices. Until that changes, I'm not convinced.

Greetings.

The audio, and the new 4K UHD display options are pretty significant, in my opinion (and in my experience). The side-docking capability is also pretty major, for those who need it.

Here are a couple references that may be of use:

Sales (US): https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/X1-Yoga-Gen-4/p/22TP2TXX14Y
PSREF: http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Think_Tablets_and_Convertibles/ThinkPad_X1_Yoga_4th_Gen

Hope this helps a bit.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

KyuuET
Punch Card
Views: 1,534
Message 22 of 225

That's good to know. EU models are already listed but I'm not seeing them on distributor sites yet. Perhaps it'll just need a few days.

Side docking is a good addon, I guess I just didn't see it as relevant. We've changed all docks to Thunderbolt so mechanical docking just isn't used anymore.

In the future, USB4 (which is basically TB3) may make it even more universal, even with AMD models.
BrianHFASPS
Token Ring
Views: 1,479
Message 23 of 225

Thanks for this. It hasn't been sent out in PSREF newsletter yet. I was placing an order for 20 Gen 3 today. Now I can get Gen 4 and not have them go out of support in less than 4 years. So late on this for some reason this year. Now to look forward to Gen 5 with Ice Lake in it next year.

BartManSr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,444
Message 24 of 225

I thought it came with up to 2 TB Solid State Drive?

Fpl1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,357
Message 25 of 225

I'm a user of a X1 Lenovo yoga 4th generation and I must say that this computer really disappointed me when taking notes in class. Not only does this machine runs slow at times but it also doesn't work well when taking notes in class. The ink is not recorded sometimes it disappears and when I tried calling customer service and technical service they sent me a new stylist. However the problem was not the stylist is a computer itself. I would never buy Lenovo again because there are other options of your class student that work better and efficiently. These computers are great for work but for taking class notes and doing most of what we may be doing when doing a MBA they may work but you will be disappointed if you want to take avid notes with your pen considerado options.

what's interesting is that when I asked the sales rep he said that they would work fine. That they were killer machines for taking notes but then again cuz it's not the point.

I just wonder if there are other users that are as frustrated as me out there, because obviously you might have found a solution for this computer which I have not. Mine has gone to the repair shop or Depot 4 x and every time he comes back he comes with an issue.

Although I love to hear the new things and the new features coming out I feel that we also have to be very accurate as to what faults these computers have because they tend not to be advertised.

Like I said I still own one but not for long I do hope competition kicks in and brings out new devices that may create a better environment for better and new computers to be developed.

BrianHFASPS
Token Ring
Views: 1,341
Message 26 of 225

@Fpl1 wrote:

I'm a user of a X1 Lenovo yoga 4th generation and I must say that this computer really disappointed me when taking notes in class.

The X1 Yoga 4th Gen was literally released this week. I think maybe you have a different machine. Maybe just a Yoga or a ThinkPad Yoga, Lenovo has several machines with Yoga in the name with very different specs. I have lots of of each generation of X1 Yoga that I support. Generally great machines. If I wanted a tablet for notes taking I would probably go with Surface Pro which is what students at my school have. It is a better pen experience.

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 1,319
Message 27 of 225

I recall reading the same thing!

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 1,302
Message 28 of 225

@Fpl1 wrote:

I'm a user of a X1 Lenovo yoga 4th generation

I agree with Brian two posts up. This system hasn’t been out long enough to go to the depot four times.. Please delete your post because it’s clearly in the wrong thread! 

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 1,293
Message 29 of 225

Yes, the X1 Yoga 4th Gen started showing up on Lenovo website yesterday. 

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 1,293
Message 30 of 225

I know that the touch screen of some laptops made by Lenovo get scratched easily even with the pen that came with the laptops or with Lenovo Active Pen 2. 

Is it better to get a screen protector for the X1 Yoga Gen 4?  Will screen protector for X1 Yoga Gen 3 be fully compatible with the 4K version of X1 Yoga Gen 4?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors