Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 1,377
Message 31 of 176

Re: 2019 X1 Yoga 4th Gen discussion thread

@lenovotv wrote:

I know that the touch screen of some laptops made by Lenovo get scratched easily even with the pen that came with the laptops or with Lenovo Active Pen 2. 

I think I've only read that about the X1 Tablet 2018. Have you seen reports of this for other models? 

lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 1,365
Message 32 of 176

It happened to Yoga C930. 

Lindersss
Paper Tape
Views: 1,336
Message 33 of 176

Hoping to get the privacy guard on the x1 yoga. Anyone have any ideas when we can customize or when privacy guard is available?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,312
Message 34 of 176

@Fpl1 wrote:

I'm a user of a X1 Lenovo yoga 4th generation and I must say that this computer really disappointed me when taking notes in class. Not only does this machine runs slow at times but it also doesn't work well when taking notes in class. The ink is not recorded sometimes it disappears and when I tried calling customer service and technical service they sent me a new stylist. However the problem was not the stylist is a computer itself. I would never buy Lenovo again because there are other options of your class student that work better and efficiently. These computers are great for work but for taking class notes and doing most of what we may be doing when doing a MBA they may work but you will be disappointed if you want to take avid notes with your pen considerado options.

what's interesting is that when I asked the sales rep he said that they would work fine. That they were killer machines for taking notes but then again cuz it's not the point.

I just wonder if there are other users that are as frustrated as me out there, because obviously you might have found a solution for this computer which I have not. Mine has gone to the repair shop or Depot 4 x and every time he comes back he comes with an issue.

Although I love to hear the new things and the new features coming out I feel that we also have to be very accurate as to what faults these computers have because they tend not to be advertised.

Like I said I still own one but not for long I do hope competition kicks in and brings out new devices that may create a better environment for better and new computers to be developed.

@Fpl1...

As others in this thread have mentioned, it would be unlikely that you have a gen4 X1 Yoga since all of the models on the sales page show to be shipping in "5-7 days" and they only became available on 6/18. Therefore, please post the 10-character machine type-model number from the black and white sticker on the bottom of your machine. It will likely start with "20", for a ThinkPad. Please do not post your serial number, which will be on the same sticker.

Once we know which machine you have, there may be some advice to be offered.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,307
Message 35 of 176

@joesixgig wrote:

@Fpl1 wrote:

I'm a user of a X1 Lenovo yoga 4th generation

I agree with Brian two posts up. This system hasn’t been out long enough to go to the depot four times.. Please delete your post because it’s clearly in the wrong thread! 

Let's see what additional info we get in response to my query for more, rather than recommending a post deletion.

If need be, I'll split the post, and its replies, out to a new thread if/when warranted. For now, let's see if we can help a newly-registered member.

Thanks.

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

BrianHFASPS
Token Ring
Views: 1,189
Message 36 of 176

I placed an order for 20 of the X1 Yoga Gen 4 with i5/8/256 today. Will share once I get them in and have some insights.

lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 1,166
Message 37 of 176

When will yours be delivered? I ordered yesterday but the estimated delivery is July 2.

BrianHFASPS
Token Ring
Views: 1,160
Message 38 of 176

Not sure, I order through reseller and then they drop ship from Lenovo. Don't have same info as direct from web site.
lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 1,150
Message 39 of 176

When the Yoga C930 was released, some users mentioned that its screen is not true HDR. How about the X1Y4?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,122
Message 40 of 176

@lenovotv wrote:

When the Yoga C930 was released, some users mentioned that its screen is not true HDR. How about the X1Y4?

The X1 Yoga Gen4 and the X1 Carbon Gen7 pages both say Dolby Vision HDR400 for their 4K UHD displays.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/X1-Yoga-Gen-4/p/22TP2TXX14Y

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/X1-Carbon-Gen-7/p/22TP2TXX17G

DxDiag reports HDR: Supported on my X1Y4.

Regards.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors