Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xryptic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,786
Message 41 of 176

Re: 2019 X1 Yoga 4th Gen discussion thread

For HDR on the 4K options, the X1C 7th indicates 10bit screen while the X1Y 4th does not.

lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 1,661
Message 42 of 176

Just checked shipping status and the estimated delivery date got pushed by 3 more days. I wonder if they really have the units in stock.

KyuuET
Punch Card
Views: 1,573
Message 43 of 176

I must admit that this product launch is by far the strangest. Even the local Lenovo site has the models, prices and availability information - but none of the distributors or resellers have any information, not the small ones, not the big ones. Same for X1Y4 and X1C7.

I'm sure there are global differences, but at least here in Finland it's quite rare to buy from Lenovo directly, the devices come through the channel. This also involves going through the Lenovo bid system to get the right prices for larger quantities. 

I remain quite puzzled. I'll keep checking daily and once there's a change, let everyone know. 

lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 1,553
Message 44 of 176

Just curious, why in Finland, it is more common to buy through the channel?
KyuuET
Punch Card
Views: 1,547
Message 45 of 176

Good question. I would imagine it's just how the market has formed over a long time. There's a large number of small and medium sized resellers around the country, usually focusing on small pieces of the market, but together they make a notable percentage of sales, whereas the other notable percentage comes through the few very large resellers. I'm not sure if direct Lenovo sales have any notable market share at all.

As someone working in the wholesale sector, outside of IT though, I've found that there are notable personality quirks in even neighbouring countries. This brings up interesting features when some new players come to the market and decide that whatever works in their home country MUST work in every other one. Huawei Enterprise tried that recently and managed to cause troubles to the distribution chain even before the trade wars and sanctions began.

Personally, I find this way works but if someone were to tell me I can do better without losing special pricing or other features by ordering directly, I'd give it a try. If Lenovo were to push that aggressively, they might cause a lot of ruffled feathers though, as the channel method allows for one channel to deliver multiple brands. As an example, even if all the laptops are Lenovo, printers might be Epson, LFD's Samsung and accessories from anyone. Multiple distribution chains might cause more work.

This has been the way here since I started as a trainee in a computer store when I was 12, in the mid 1990's. Only change really is that fax ordering was replaced by Internet ordering and the distributor companies have changed names as often as singers change hairstyles.

BrianHFASPS
Token Ring
Views: 1,522
Message 46 of 176

In the US if you are buying more than probably 5 units you buy through reseller for Lenovo. The logistics and pricing of Lenovo direct are not as good as reseller. Unless you get to like 1000 units then Lenovo starts to really talk to you.
BartManSr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,520
Message 47 of 176

2019 X1 Yoga 4th Gen Docking Stations

What's the difference (other then price) between the 90W & 230W vs USB/Thunderbolt for your docking station.

Which do you use?

markchodotcom
Paper Tape
Views: 1,014
Message 48 of 176

Has anyone's shipped yet? I got a delayed notification after it missed the original ship date of 27th

Mine was the 4k screen model

shahul_1
Paper Tape
Views: 930
Message 49 of 176

27th ? I ordered on 21st and it said ships in 2-3 weeks and I got another email from Digital River on 27th saying there are delays in manufacturing / fulfillment of X1 Yoga 4th gen and they will advise when they have an update from Lenovo.

Was your order a 4th gen lenovo x1 yoga? Also was it a customised order?

I couldnt add any additional warranties when I was buying it via Lenovo website. Was anyone wlse able to add additional warranties to your order ?

markchodotcom
Paper Tape
Views: 922
Message 50 of 176

4th Gen X1 Yoga, I ordered on the 20th, standard model no customization, 5-7 days quoted delivery :/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors