Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ocwayne
Fanfold Paper
Views: 598
Message 21 of 35

Re: 2019 X1 Yoga Gen 4 Poor Battery Life

How is it possible for Lenovo to advertise 18 hours of battery life when I can barely get 6 or 7 hours with the battery saver on with the 4k screen?

AriX1Y4
What's DOS?
Views: 424
Message 22 of 35

Please do tell me how you get 6 to 7 hours of battery life? That would be my dream.

My X1Y4 has between 2.5 to 3 hours, when only using an Office app (word, excel, etc) and a browser open on a text page. No videos, no music. All with default settings and medium screen luminosity. So 7 hours would be a bliss, and a I am not even talking about the advertised 18 hours.

What a disappointment...

ocwayne
Fanfold Paper
Views: 395
Message 23 of 35

I have to put it on battery saver mode to get 6 to 7 hours. It dims the screen as low as possible and limits processor usage.

Sjoberg
What's DOS?
Views: 344
Message 24 of 35

Good morning all,

I just got a ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th Gen on cyber Monday, (********, 20QF0016US). When I got it I ran all the updates for it the first day and then didn't really take it off the charger until the next day. When I did I realized that the battery was draining quite fast. When looking at the time I was down to about 3 hours left when only having it off for about an  and a half. One of the main reasons I bought this was for the "18 hour" battery life (I understand that number is unrealistic when you use it for part of the day) but I was hoping for somewhere around the 10-12 but this is only giving me half that. 

I see that some of you are having the same issue and was wondering if anyone had a fix for this problem. I am running BIOS version N2HET40W 1.23. Not doing any major useage while running task manager I'm running about 10-12% CPU and 49% memory.  I'm not the most tech savoy person out there so I am sorry if I did not add enough information or if you need more please feel for to ask. 

Thank you in advance for any help on this situation. 

Have a great day y'all

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.

Omer10
What's DOS?
Views: 273
Message 25 of 35

Something is wrong. Advertised 18 hours, battery lasts anywhere from 4 to 5 hours during a mix of entertainment and normal work time. Comparing this to my 8 year old Mac book pro retina, that battery for which stil’ Lasts about 4 hours for both. This is the second replaced laptop with the same results, what am I missing here?
shayden
Paper Tape
Views: 181
Message 26 of 35

My IT Department I work at just got 20 of these (model 20QF000TUS) and have been having this same issue with <4 hours of battery life on a full charge. 

I am still troubleshooting but from what we are experiencing the issue seems to be with either the WiFi adapter or maybe a Power Management driver. I will have a device that the System Update tool says has all of its drivers and firmware up to date and take it off of the charger when it is full. While it is sitting ideal and connected to WiFi the estimated battery life as reported by windows is about 3 hours. If I then disconnect it from WiFi and leave it idle for a minute to update the estimated battery life Windows will report about 9 hours.

ocwayne
Fanfold Paper
Views: 171
Message 27 of 35

Interesting info. Thanks for posting. I have had the same experience as this. When I use my computer offline, the reserve battery meter goes up to 13 to 15 hours as opposed to 3 to 4 hours on wifi.

shayden
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 28 of 35

I currently have a short list of about 6 drivers that it could be that are causing this and am installing them all one at at time and then testing to determine which one is the cause. I will update with my findings.

ocwayne
Fanfold Paper
Views: 154
Message 29 of 35

The moment of truth...
I'm on the edge of my office chair!
shayden
Paper Tape
Views: 150
Message 30 of 35

From my testing it seems to be the Lenovo Power Management Driver - 10 [64] version 1.67.17.48 that is causing this problem. I installed that driver version through system update and the estimated battery time remaining when connected to wifi drops substantially. I was able to roll this driver back to version 1.67.17.28 and my estimated battery time remaining went back up to normal expectations.

Hopefully you are able to rollback the version and it will work for you. If it does please reply to let me know. I would appriciate the independant verification.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors