cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Porsche911
Blue Screen Again
Views: 393
Message 1 of 4

2019 X1Extreme - RealTek HD Audio Manager - Exist?

I have a fairly new X1 Extreme.  I'm trying to find the RealTek HD Audio Manager, but cannot find it.  Is there such an app on the X1 Extreme?

I've tried using the windows search feature in the lower left of Windows 10 task bar, but it does not find the RealTek app. 

From various posts on the web I believe the app should be installed in 'C:\Program Files\Realtek...", but there is no RealTek folder there.

The Device Manager shows that I have the latest Lenovo version of the driver (which is later than the driver version available on RealTek's website).

So, should there be a RealTek HD Audio Manager installed?

Thanks

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 369
Message 2 of 4

Re: 2019 X1Extreme - RealTek HD Audio Manager - Exist?

If you have Realtekk drivers installed, the Realtek HD Audio Manager is already installed.... well sort of anyway.

To launch it, browse to C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA

Locate two files:

• RAVBg64.exe      (HD Audio Background Process)
  • RAVCpl64.exe    (Realtek HD Audio Manager)

To run Realtek HD Audio Manager, you need to run RAVBg64.exe first, and then launch RAVCpl64.exe.

If you want to make it easier, you can create shorcuts of both files and place them on your desktop, then move RAVBg64.exe to the folder  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp  so it launches at startup, and then rename RAVCpl64.exe as Realtek HD Audio Manager and leave it on your desktop.

FYI   You could also create an registry entry pointing to RAVBg64.exe in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run if desired, but the startup folder works just fine. 

I don't think Realtek HD Audio Manager is really supported on Windows 10, but it does seem to work for me.

Cheers,

Porsche911
Blue Screen Again
Views: 356
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick reply, but...

I guess I wasn't clear in stating that my X1 Extreme does not have a RealTek folder in the C:\Program Files\... folder.

I've had my laptop for about a month now, and admittedly I've installed quite a few apps.  But I also have a disk image from the day I received this machine.  I checked that image and it, too, does not have a RealTek folder.

Aside from not having the two .exe files you referenced, I guess my question has been answered... there should be a RealTek HD Audio Manager on my laptop.  I'll next look into how I can get it installed.

Thanks.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 349
Message 4 of 4

If you do not have the latest Realtek driver installed, here is how to get version 6.0.1.8351 dated 1/16/2018    After installing it, you should see the HD Audio in the control panel.

you first wil have to download the .cab file, and then extract the files to folder.

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 1/16/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8351 Windows 10 and later drivers

http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2018/04/win64_ffd50725a22a7d26d5c3...

Once you have extracted the files, 

• Right-click start and select Device Manager
  • Expand Sound, video and game controllers section. 
  • Right-click on your Realtek High Definition Audio device and select Update driver
  • On the next screen select Browse My Computer for driver software
  • Select the Browse button, and browse to the folder where you extracted the files earlier, and select Next.
  • Reboot if required.

Note:  I found that this latest driver does not require you to run the RAVBg64.exe prior to running RAVCpl64.exe. 

Once you reboot, you should see HD Audio listed in the Windows Control Panel, and should be able to launch the Realtek HD Audio from there.   

If you still do not have the C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA folder, the RAVCpl64.exe file is in the files extracted from the .CAB file earlier, so you can put that somewhere where you can create a shortcut for your desktop, or to pin to the start menu.    

Note:  There is supposed to be an option in the HD Audio control panel to show an icon down in the system tray, but I cannot find it.

Best of luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors