Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DennisG
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,002
Message 1 of 5

3rd Gen Thinkpad X1 Yoga - coming soon?

At CES 2018, Lenovo announced the new 3rd Gen Thinkpad X1 Yoga and said it would be available in January 2018. The Lenovo website still shows "coming soon," and has for over 3 weeks now. Am I missing some more recent announcement about timing? Our IT staff said they contacted Lenovo and the rep said Q1 or Q2, 2018.

That will be a long, long time to say "coming soon!" Is there a chance there will be such a long delay? Is it likely because of the Intel patches?

Casperi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,901
Message 2 of 5

Re: 3rd Gen Thinkpad X1 Yoga - coming soon?

I agree as well, we have clients waiting for this but they can't wait much longer so if it doesn't show up soon Dell it is Smiley Frustrated

DennisG
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,898
Message 3 of 5

Spoiler
Ugh! That would be a good example of a pyrrhic victory!
Guru
Views: 1,875
Message 4 of 5

Great question!  I hope i am wrong but based on years of track history i do not believe anyone will respond about availability.  I asked about the same question last year about x1 yoga with iris graphics.  No one ever responded and in fact never got released.  The year before i asked about wigig.  No one answered about availability and then it never got released in the US.   Both items were announced at CES.  Lenovo sent a tech truck to the bay area several years ago.  I took the morning off from work and went to the truck to look at the new thinkpads.  I asked serveral questions about availability and configuring options.  The Lenovo employee did not have answers but offered to look in to it.  The question was in regards to wigig and 1TB ssd drives.  He said he didnt know but could talk to product manager for me.  Long story short it was a waste of time.  Between multiple emails going back and forth over 3 weeks i never got my questions answered.  the standard answer is "keep checking website".  Dont bother calling sales or chat.  They will not have a clue of availability.  Like i said i hope i am wrong about this year but not hopeful.  We are in February and still cant buy even though like you said it was announced with January availability.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,725
Message 5 of 5

I have no inside information, but I can say that drivers and a hardware manual are starting to appear on the support website.  You can draw whatever conclusions you wish.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors