09-27-2020

US

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

40AN Docking station connected to display through HDMI cable looses connection

2020-10-16, 22:08 PM

I just bought a new Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 3 with an I9 chip.  I also purchased a 40AN Thunderbolt 3 workstation dock gen 2.  When I connect my computer directly to the monitor (Dell SE2719H) I have no issues at all.  However, if I connect to it through the docking station it will loose connection on a regular basis. Technical support (or should I say let me send you another piece of equipment support) has send me a new docking station and new cords to connect the docking station to the computer. No matter which combination I try I still regularly lose connection between the dock and the monitor.  By regularly I mean about once or twice every 3-5 minutes.  It takes about 3-5 seconds to reconnect.

Has anyone else had this issue?  If so how did you resolve it?  Are there settings that I have not set correctly?  I have applied all firmware and driver updates to the docking station and the computer.  The HDMI cable is not an elaborate 4k on just a simple one, but it is new.  I'm getting to the point of returning  the docking station.

If anyone has returned their dock and gotten something else that works could you please share what you did?

Solved! See the solution
Options

2 Posts

09-27-2020

US

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:40AN Docking station connected to display through HDMI cable looses connection

2020-10-21, 22:18 PM

I think I determined my issue.  it was user error. When you get the docking station it comes with a couple of cords/adapters.  One of the adapters is a splitter that splits the 230W into 170W and 65/135.  I neglected to use the spitter and had the 230 plugged into 65/135 spot (It did not work in the 170W spot.  Now that I have switched to the splitter I have had no issues at all.

1 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete