Options

21 Posts

09-29-2020

Canada

137 Signins

305 Page Views

• Views: 305
  • Message 1 of 18

A new definition of X1 extreme gen3 - extremely bad service and long waiting for the 3rd unit

2020-11-17, 1:17 AM

I got X1 extreme gen3 (gen1 unit for me) on Oct 5th. Noticed a white patch on the screen after a few days. It could display the colour correctly but just some backlit issues I guess. It appeared more clear after playing games or heavy computations. Sometimes in the morning, it disappeared when I opened the machine. Googled a bit and some people say it would disappear after more usage. Since I was not very picky so I did not apply for a replacement. However, after 20 days, there were more than 5 dead pixels appeared and coincidently I found the chassis was not even flat especially on the bottom panel.

Then I decided to get a replacement on Oct 26th. After 4 days, Lenovo approved the request and shipped out a replacement. Got the replacement on Nov 6th (gen2 unit for me) and this time I decided to check the machine carefully. Then this is what I saw,

So I contacted the premier warranty (bought for the gen1 unit) right away and showed the pictures, the agent agreed this is a defective machine but could not create a case number for me to request a replacement. The reason was that my premier warranty was not applied to this replacement. So I took 4 days to call Lenovo to get the premier warranty applied, but no one could help until Nov 10th I've been told just someone forgot to check the box "customer has extended warranty" when processed my first replacement. Then I got a case number finally on the same day and still waiting for the approval of the gen3 unit to be approved and shipped (today is Nov 16th). I called two days after Nov 10th (which was the processing time I've been informed) to see what's going on, someone told me to wait for one more day. So I called after one day and someone told me it will be approved by the end of the day but it was not, then I called again after the weekend and been told it will be approved in 1-2 hours but it was not, then I called again after 2.5 hours and been told it will be approved tomorrow. So I am still waiting for the gen3 unit of this emtremeeeee machine. So sad about Lenovo. I am a loyal Thinkpad user for almost 9 years.

Solved! See the solution
Options

21 Posts

09-29-2020

Canada

137 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 2 of 18

Re:A new definition of X1 extreme gen3 - extremely bad service and long waiting for the 3rd unit

2020-11-17, 13:14 PM

I posted this review and feedback in X series Laptops section and for some unknown reason, it got moved to the general discussion section. So I repost it again.

[Update] I wrote the same review via the review link Lenovo sent to my email. Guess what, my review got rejected by Lenovo without any specific reason. If I click submit something new it will tell me that I've already submitted one.

Options

9866 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32731 Signins

1213215 Page Views

• Views: 1213215
  • Message 3 of 18

Re:A new definition of X1 extreme gen3 - extremely bad service and long waiting for the 3rd unit

2020-11-17, 14:34 PM

Hello @django_chick  welcome to Community,

Your post was classified as a complaint and moved to this board where it's more visible to the team. I have also removed your duplicate post made in the X series board from public view.

If I understand your post correctly you are unhappy with the time it is taking to transfer your warranty entitlement? Yes there is currently an issue with the database not updating warranty information correctly which is an urgent issue and is work in progress. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA for the fix release but clearly hope it will not take too long as it clearly is an inconvenience to some customers and, of course, we extend our apologies to any who might be affected. 

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

21 Posts

09-29-2020

Canada

137 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 4 of 18

2020-11-17, 15:13 PM

Hi Andy, 

Thanks for the quick reply. I am unhappy with everything about this purchase not only the warranty. 

I got a case number for the second replacement in Nov10 and nothing happened so far. I talked with a lot of agents on the phone and followed the timeline they recommended me to wait but every time I just need to wait for more.  

I am also not happy that Lenovo rejected my review of the product. 

X1 extreme is not cheap and I don't understand why there are so many detectives. From Oct26th to today, I am on this fantastic journey of asking Lenovo to process replacements and my work got delayed and I am wasting time to call Lenovo. What's wrong with me to choose this product? 

Options

21 Posts

09-29-2020

Canada

137 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 5 of 18

2020-11-17, 16:49 PM

And some updates. I just called Lenovo again, one representative told me that they don't do the second replacement, the only thing I could do is to refund it. What a company! Wasted time from Nov6 to Nov17 and just get this answer.  

Options

21 Posts

09-29-2020

Canada

137 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 6 of 18

2020-11-17, 18:05 PM

[update] finally reached out a customer service supervisor who requested a replacement and I've been told to wait for 48h. 

Options

21 Posts

09-29-2020

Canada

137 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 7 of 18

2020-11-19, 18:16 PM

[update] 48h passed, no update and I've been told again to wait by the end of the day. Turns out Lenovo does not live on the Earth, 1h for this fantastic company might be 1 day for us.  

Options

21 Posts

09-29-2020

Canada

137 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 8 of 18

2020-11-20, 13:05 PM

[update] waited until the end of yesterday, no news, another lie from Lenovo  

Options

21 Posts

09-29-2020

Canada

137 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 9 of 18

2020-11-20, 17:59 PM

Dear Andy, 

I would like to initiate a complaint case to the Customer Relations Team. The representatives who always promised me on the phone to reply and update my answer never reply since I received this second defective machine on Nov6. All they do was to promise a new time for me to wait. I am really tired of this. I have more than 3 representatives' emails and the record shows they just ignore me after the call during which they make me feel like they could help. Someone even invented a new company policy telling me that he/she guarantees Lenovo doesn't do the second replacement which was proved wrong after I asking the so-called supervisor of the team and several other agents. 

You may also wonder why I don't do a refund. After reading the posts here, I am afraid that I will not get the money back on time like 7 days...  Regarding the time accuracy, Lenovo hasn't kept any timeline provided to me so far in this whole month. 

Thanks

Options

21 Posts

09-29-2020

Canada

137 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 10 of 18

2020-11-20, 18:30 PM

[update] This went crazy. An agent told me again to wait for 24-48h. @Andy_Lenovo I do need to initiate a complaint. Please PM me or directly reply here. Thanks a lot. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms