Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KeyW
Paper Tape
Views: 1,634
Message 1 of 8

Adapter for X1 Carbon (Type 3444-CUU) M.2 SSD

I'm having trouble finding an adapter for my X1 Carbon M.2 SSD.  The laptop is fried, but I'm hoping to get some of the files out of the SSD.  The model number is Intel SSDSCMMW240A3L and I've found that it's a "B Key" 6 pin connector, but it seems like around the pins is different (less space alloted between the 6 and the next 20 pins).  So standard M.2 adapters won't work

Is anyone aware of any type of external adapters that I can plug this unit into?  They can be Sata, USB, PCIE, doesn't matter.

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,632
Message 2 of 8

Re: Adapter for Carbon 1 SSD

Hello and welcome,

Something like this?  I have no experience with this.  Just found via The Google Smiley Wink

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Sandisk-SD5SG2-Lenovo-Ultrabook/dp/B00PRL9V5M

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

KeyW
Paper Tape
Views: 1,627
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply, but no the pins look different. Mine came with an Intel SSD.  This looks like a later model Sandisk SSD

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,624
Message 4 of 8

Sorry, I thought all the X1 Gen 1 machines used the Sandisk-style 20+6 SSD.

Do you have specs or a pic?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

KeyW
Paper Tape
Views: 1,613
Message 5 of 8

Here it is

Notice how tiny the gap is between the first 6 pin and the other set.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,603
Message 6 of 8

I don't know what to tell you.  Everything I can Google up using the Part No/FRU in your pic points back to the adapter I linked.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Z.

KeyW
Paper Tape
Views: 1,594
Message 7 of 8

Actually the listed Lenovo part number (Intel 45N8422/45N8423(leveno P/N NO) does seem to match, even though the picture doesn't.  It's worth a try.

Thanks very much

luefa
What's DOS?
Views: 1,262
Message 8 of 8

Re: Adapter for X1 Carbon (Type 3444-CUU) M.2 SSD

you had posted a problem "Adapter for X1 Carbon (Type 3444-CUU) M.2 SSD" on the Lenovo site did you ever find a suitable adapter? if yes, was the data on the storage media encrypted? if yes, how did you decrypt the data?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors