cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnoedlgans
Fanfold Paper
Views: 549
Message 1 of 6

After Win 8.1 update - Lenovo System Update defective (doesn't find updates any more)

Lenovo System Update tells me that all is up to date!

I searched at Lenovo for new drivers for windows 8.1

They asked me exactly what notebook I use. For the x1 carbone 3460-4LG (checked 3 times because I couldn't believe it) they discribed my computer as:

i7-3667U(3.2GHz), 4GB RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive, 14in 1600x900 LCD, Intel HD Graphics, Intel 802.11agn wireless, WWAN, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure Chip, 4c Li-Ion, Win8 Pro 64.

My notebook has 8GB RAM, 180GB SSD and (as I believe) no carbone x1 has 1GB Ethernet, because it has no network connector at all!

So first question: can I believe the suggestions of lenovo for new drivers?

There are several drivers released in October 2013 that I surely do not have already installed.

That means, Lenovo System Update doesn't work any more, without error message!

Question two: Has Lenovo a solution to repair their defective updater? Or will they release a solution?

Very disappointed regards.

Alex

kadadm
Paper Tape
Views: 392
Message 2 of 6

Betreff: After Win 8.1 update - Lenovo System Update defective (doesn't find updates any more)

Yes we have the same Problem with Thinkpad x230, T530 and W530. Under Windows 8.1 System Update doesen't find any drivers. So now we have to download every single driver.....

I hope really Lenovo will find a solution very soon......

frankenstein897
What's DOS?
Views: 381
Message 3 of 6

Betreff: After Win 8.1 update - Lenovo System Update defective (doesn't find updates any more)

Yep, similar issue with my X1 Carbon, did an 8.1 rebuild and it is missing 2 device drivers.  I think one is the chipset.

kadadm
Paper Tape
Views: 375
Message 4 of 6

as i found out, if you start Windows Update, it will find all Driver left.

Ok in our Enviroment it's actually just a workaround, we need usually to deploy all drivers thru OS Installation....

frankenstein897
What's DOS?
Views: 372
Message 5 of 6

Unfortunately on my X1 Carbon Touch, Windows Update doesn't pick up the last 2 devices.  It got some but not all.  I saw that there was a new System Update on the website so I tried that newer version, with no luck.

kadadm
Paper Tape
Views: 315
Message 6 of 6

Another Workaroung wich could help is the Tool DriverEasy. It does scan yours system and shows you all missing Driver. The missing driver can be downloaded or directly installed.

For me it found every missing Driver on different Lenovo Modells. The only thing to use it as Full Service, is you have to buy it for i think about 30 $. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors