cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digitaly
What's DOS?
Views: 276
Message 1 of 3

Ambient light sensor on X1 Carbon 7 Gen?

Hi there,

I've recently bought a 7th generation Thinkpad X1 Carbon. It's a type 20QES1H500. However one very annoying weakness is that neither the keyboard lighting nor the screen brightness does adjust automatically to the ambient light. The specifications did read "Ambient Light Sensor", but I also can't find any related options in the display or energy menu using Windows 10. Is there simply no such sensor included and the product description was wrong, or is this feature somehow disabled software-wise?

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Best,

Digitaly

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 191
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ambient light sensor on X1 Carbon 7 Gen?

Hello and a belated welcome to Community,

The 7th Gen. doesn't have an ambient light sensor which raises the question as to where you found this in the product description; I've checked the PSREF and a few other sites and haven't been able to find any reference?

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

RedNunez
Paper Tape
Views: 74
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ambient light sensor on X1 Carbon 7 Gen?

Is there a way to set the keyboard backlight to 'always on' so I don't have to turn it on after every sleep/hibernation?

Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors