Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cat0gelat0
Paper Tape
Views: 967
Message 1 of 4

Any experience with the latest x270?

Hi folks! Would appreciate some input...

Am moving from an old x120e (which runs windows 10 and works perfectly, except that I have gotten tired of its relatively weak processor (E-350 AMD) after 5 years) to the x270. Haven't bought it yet, but it is my target laptop. My question is primarily about build quality. As someone said in a different forum/thread, the x120e is built like a tank, albeit a small one. I fully agree. How is the x270? Is it as tough/tougher? I know the x270 is overall head and shoulders above the x120e in terms of display (I'm aiming for the FHD), processor (i5-7xxx), TPM security, etc etc. So my question is really only about how well it is built. Has anyone bought it?

(a) How's the shake, rattle, flex, creak, and bend, if any. My only Thinkpad benchmark for build qual is the x120e and that one is Rock solid (capital R).

(b) Does it run cool? I had to redo the thermal paste on the x120e after which it has behaved admirably for 4 years. I expect the x270 is quieter and cooler. Is this correct?

Many thanks.

Cat0gelat0
Paper Tape
Views: 896
Message 2 of 4

Re: Any experience with the latest x270?

Have ordered an x270 and will update after I receive and use it for a bit.
AndyMS
Paper Tape
Views: 858
Message 3 of 4

I think you'll like it. I had an X120e for quite a while (it survived a bike accident that shattered my hip!) and then an X140e. Just a week ago, I got an X240e.

I suspect that simply because of size, the X2 series is not *quite* as brick-solid as the X1 series. But I'm not seeing any flex or creaking.

Because my machine is a bit older, I can't speak to the temperature characteristics of the 270. But I will say, after using the older AMD processor, the new machine is going to knock your socks OFF.,
Cat0gelat0
Paper Tape
Views: 845
Message 4 of 4

Hi, thanks. Yes, I think it'll work out well

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors