cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sophie6777
Fanfold Paper
Views: 655
Message 1 of 5

Anyone with an X1 Yoga who can confirm whether the PEN can be used to scroll up and down webpages?

Hello!

I have never liked a trackpad, whether MAC or Windows.

So I need the PEN to navigate through web pages in web browsers.

Specifically, can the X1 Yoga Pen grab the scrollbar and easily scroll it up and down?

I just got a Surface Book Performance Base, and scrolling with the Pen is erratic; scrolling stutters, frequently freezing the browser (whether it's Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox).

I have a 2010 Fujitsu Lifebook T900 (Win 7); scrolling with its pen is very fast and smooth; I can even hover left-click to grab the scrollbar and move it up and down.

Unfortuantely there is no store here in Toronto that has an X1 Yoga on display.

Trying to decide if I should return my Surface Book.

It would be helpful to know if the X1 Yoga Pen is any better than the pen that comes with the microsoft surface book for web page navigation (scrolling with the pen is the main issue).

Thanks!

Sophie

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 610
Message 2 of 5

Re: Anyone with an X1 Yoga who can confirm whether the PEN can be used to scroll up and down webpage

Hi!

I'd be fine if I never saw a TouchPad again - as long as I had a TrackPoint and buttons Smiley Wink

I have a 1st-gen X1 Yoga.  Don't use the pen much but in a quick test it seems to be able to grab the scroll bar OK.  I can't say if it would be up to your standards.

I much prefer to scroll with the TrackPoint and middle button.  That has always worked very well for me on all my ThinkPads.  Have you had a chance to try that?

IMHO the real advantage to the TrackPoint is being able to use it w/out needing to take my hands off the keyboard.  The scrolling action is accomplished (as are all TrackPoint "mouse" moves) without any actual physical motion - just pressure.

FWIW,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

sophie6777
Fanfold Paper
Views: 598
Message 3 of 5

Re: Anyone with an X1 Yoga who can confirm whether the PEN can be used to scroll up and down webpage

Thanks for your reply!

I've never tried the Lenovo TrackPoint; unfortunately I can't find a Thinkpad on display at any store.
I'm sure the TrackPoint would be better than a TrackPad.

But I'm hoping for a convertible laptop that I can use the Pen for navigation - like my Fujitsu T900 which is 7 years old.

Could you tell me; are you able to do a hover left click over the scrollbar to grab it (ie without touching the screen), and then dragging the scrollbar up and down while hovering?

On the Fujitsu, navigating through websites is even faster, smoother, and more accurate using a hovering left click, than actually touching the screen.

Sophie

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 566
Message 4 of 5

Hi Sophie,

I assume you are using Windows 10 on ThinkPad X1 Yoga 1st Gen.

You can find the Wacom Pen utility from the Start menu.  When launch it, you can change side buttons behavior.  I believe this helps you to customize your pen behavior.

sophie6777
Fanfold Paper
Views: 553
Message 5 of 5

Acrually I have a Microsoft Surface Book:  scrolling using the Pen is erratic. 

Web pages freeze intermitently when I try to grab the scrollbar and scroll with the Pen.

I don't like trackpads - any. 

On my old Fujitsu Lifebook T900, I navigated entirely with the Pen - effortlessly, navigation was fast.

I need to consider returning the Surface Book - the alternative for me is the Thinkpad X1 Yoga, which also has a PEN.

Unfortunately, here in Toronto I can't find a store with a Yoga on display, to test the Pen and see if it's any better than the Surface Book.

That's why I'm asking if persons with an X1 Yoga can tell me if they can use the Pen to grab the scrollbar and smoothly and effortlessly move web pages up and down, without the webpage suddenly freezing (as it does on the Surface Book).

Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors