cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netnative
Punch Card
Views: 472
Message 1 of 3

Are all Nidec fans noisier than Delta fans?

After some effort, I finally got a Shipment Notification for the ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Generation Part Number 20KH002HUS that I ordered last Wednesday. It was shipped from North Carolina rather than Hong Kong. The Order Visibility Portal (OVP) provided the Serial Number. With it I was able to find-out which of the two thermal modules (fans) is installed on my X1 Carbon. The Lenovo PC Support website shows that it is Part 01YR203 made by Furukawa (Nidec) rather than Part 01Y204 made by Delta. Suddenly, excitement turned into disappointment. Are all Nidec fans on the ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Generation noisier than Delta fans? What has been your experience?

powerslave12r
Punch Card
Views: 290
Message 2 of 3

Re: Are all Nidec fans noisier than Delta fans?

Hey,

I'm curious about what you found out? How bad are the nidec fans?

riccc87
Paper Tape
Views: 169
Message 3 of 3

Re: Are all Nidec fans noisier than Delta fans?

I have tested now 3 Nidec fans in the X1C6, all of them had the high pitch noise. Had it replaced today by a Delta fan, a LOT better. Cooling pretty similar, in idle mode also the Nidec with Bios 1.37 was silent. However when watching 4k videos, after 30 min the fan comes on and the Delta simply sounds like a normal fan should sound. A tiny little higher-pitched whistle sound might still be there, but this is no problem and a different frequency compared to the Nidec. Many people won't care, I do Smiley Wink Now its a great laptop. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors