Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
so88
Paper Tape
Views: 2,360
Message 1 of 4

Awful battery life x1 carbon 4th gen

This is fairly simple:

Purchased an x1 carbon with i5, 8gb ram and wqhd screen this summer for about $1,500 with 3 year onsite. Never could get more than 3.5 hours of battery life with brightness set down a few notches (anything dimmer would make it hard to work with). Last month Lenovo replaced the battery, and I saw battery life edge up to around 5 hours. It's now around 4.5 tops which still makes the laptop unusuable for work travel - which is why I bought it. I'm so disappointed with Lenovo and will not consider buying from them again - or at least a carbon - given the horrific battery life I've experienced even after a replacement battery was installed. 

FYI I've tried all the battery settings, but normally run it on "balanced." Some of the lowest settings make it lag and don't even really improve battery life in any case.

Anyone else experience this with a carbon x1 4th generation? Why can can other companies offer a high-res screen and 10 hour battery life but lenovo can't manage to achieve even half of that.

jeffreyfrank
What's DOS?
Views: 2,262
Message 2 of 4

Re: Awful battery life x1 carbon 4th gen

I am having the same problem. My 4th generation is only 6 months old. I went from 7+ hours of battery to a projected  2.5 hours, which in reality was around 1.75 hours. Settings changes don't seem to affect much.

Even going to a coffee shop to work for awhile requires bringing a power cord.

TripleX1
Token Ring
Views: 2,222
Message 3 of 4

Can you use either Lenovo's utility or a similar Windows utility to get the battery wear level? Mine was down to 75% (see my post in this forum) within 6 months before battling Lenovo to change it. If the wear is high this may indicate a more widespread problem...

SorinP
Paper Tape
Views: 2,116
Message 4 of 4

Hi.

I got my X1C 4th Gen about 9 months ago. Some time last week, while on battery power, the charge suddenly dropped from about 45% to 5%. After charging it up, the wear level got from around 88% to 55%, so out of the designed capacity of 52Wh, the battery can only hold around 28Wh. I'm now looking to get a replacement somehow. This battery is an LG Chem pack FRU 00HW028.

I owned a few laptops of different brands in the past and I've never experienced anything like this until now. I think there's definitely something wrong with the batteries on the 4th Gen X1Cs.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors