Options

2 Posts

12-31-2018

CA

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 4

B button moves cursor and irregular trackpoint behavior on Thinkpad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen)

2018-12-31, 23:41 PM

So, I got this computer a few days ago and it works great. Only problem is that every time I switch out of tablet mode or if I open it, my cursor moves up, and I have to tap the trackpoint a lot in order for it to stop. I took it off and I realized that if I hold down the b button hard enough, it actually moves the cursor up. Is there any way to fix this irregular trackpoint behavior? It's probably hardware related, so I might have to send it in for repair (ugh).

Solved! See the solution
Options

1797 Posts

07-22-2010

US

9670 Signins

160437 Page Views

• Views: 160437
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: B button moves cursor and irregular trackpoint behavior on Thinkpad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen)

2019-01-01, 1:02 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the forums!  I have a X1 Yoga 3 myself.  Mine does not do what you say no matter how hard or light I push the "b".  Sounds like a hardware problem.  If machine is brand new call support and ask for reapir or exchange.  Myself if its new I would ask for exchange.  Just my opinion.  1 thing you can try is reseating the trackpoint maybe somehow its hitting the "b" key or the "b" is hitting the trackpoint.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

12-31-2018

CA

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: B button moves cursor and irregular trackpoint behavior on Thinkpad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen)

2019-01-01, 4:25 AM

Thanks! I also have an audio crackle-with-headphones issue and my screen has a few damaged pixels. You think that's enough to get it exchanged? It took about a month for it to arrive because I accidentally ordered the silver version. Would I be able to exchange it for black? I waited ages for this computer and I wanted to do notetaking on a tablet, which I love, but if it means I will have a better computer, I will wait the extra time for the other one to arrive. How long do these exchanges normally take?

Options

1797 Posts

07-22-2010

US

9670 Signins

160437 Page Views

• Views: 160437
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-01-01, 7:43 AM

If it was my laptop I would exchange if it had dead pixels.  That alone would cause me to do exchange.  If you have audio problems on top of that there would be no chance i would keep laptop.  Just my opinion.  As to silver for black i am not sure they would exchange for that.   I ordered an i7 and when i had issues i was debating if i should ask for i5(less heat)  and get difference in price back.  The person I dealt with seemed to imply it was doable but a huge hassle.  In the end i just did an even exchange.  Best to talk to customer service for that.  As to time for exchange.  If its in stock it should be faster.  It took about 2 weeks for mine to exchange.  If its custom ordered it could take 1 month or longer.  

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save