Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

09-18-2015

Germany

18 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 51 of 58

Re: Bad ghosting / image retention on X240

2015-09-23, 7:42 AM

Hi and thank you for your feedback.

My story continues. Yesterday I called Lenovo Support Hotline to ask how to proceed in this matter. They informed me that an appointment for a technician had been made for the 24th. No further information was given, the operator kept refering to this appointment. Since I had not spoken to anybody regarding an apointment I called the local IBM center. They confirmed that an appointment had been made (with whom? certainly not me!) and that my mainboard will be exchanged and the fan cleaned. Since both are fine we obviously canceled those changes and I gave her the part number 00HM745.

Today Lenovo Support contacted me, claimed that the last ordered display was in fact a Full HD Display (when it was most certainly not, checking the FRU will prove that) and that they will change it again. The FRU 00HM745 is unknown to them, he said they will send a 00HM111, which is basically the same part as installed right now, containing the same error. I told him and he said, I should then open another case later on.

I am seriously unhappy right now. I don't know how this is considered customer care and I am sure that this will effect future buying decisions and recommendations.

Options

73 Posts

03-08-2008

Slovakia

366 Signins

2961 Page Views

• Views: 2961
  • Message 52 of 58

2015-09-23, 7:52 AM

Hi RReichelt,

I was dealing this with local service provider who is offering Lenovo warranty repairs and he told me that he could order only parts which system will offer him so he was also afraid he will be able order only 00HM111 but when he checked in system he got two options 00HM111 and 00HM745, and as I was requesting 00HM745 ordered it for me. I could confirm that my original part was 00HM111 for which lenovo is claiming it has fixed this issue but apparently it is not the case. I'm only glad that I was able find very willing and smart provider here in Slovakia.

David

Options

3 Posts

09-18-2015

Germany

18 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 53 of 58

2015-09-23, 8:17 AM

Hi david, thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately for me the guy on the phone is obviously lying to my, claiming to have ordered a FHD Disyplay, when the FRU of the ordered panel was 04x0324. Now he is claiming that there is no 00HM745 and they will replace my panel tomorrow with a 00HM111.

If by some miracle this one does not have ghosting problems... fine, this just leaves the scratches all arround (and the dockingstation-overheating-issue). If it does, I will probably have to involve lawyers. :(

I am really disappointed that lenovo quality and support has reached such levels.

Options

2032 Posts

11-28-2007

Czech Republic

12108 Signins

124962 Page Views

• Views: 124962
  • Message 54 of 58

2015-09-23, 17:00 PM

wrote:

fine, this just leaves the scratches all arround

Whenever possible I am trying to get the replacement component from Lenovo and replace it myself. Most horror service stories are by onsite repair (regardless of brand).

7 Posts

12-23-2014

35 Signins

193 Page Views

• Message 55 of 58

2015-12-05, 23:37 PM

Roughly one year after my computer's last repair, I started to notice ghosting effects again. Furthermore, its screen wasn't closing completely. It had actually not been closing completely ever since the computer's last repair. The technicians didn't fit the screen to the bezel properly (the lower part of the screen ended up flush with the ruber border). Anyways, back then I was too fed up with their technical support to risk shipping my computer to them for this mostly esthetic problem (the keys would mark the screen). Since now I was also reexperiencing ghosting, I decided to endure the process once more. This time, however, they replaced the whole screen, including the bezel. It closes properly and there's no major sign of ghosting. It is, however, the same model screen as I had before, the LP125WF2-SPB2, and therefore I won't be surprised if I notice ghosting again in one year. The only annoiance now (why can't they ever fix everything and *not* break something else?) is that the red led that is supposed to blink when the machine is asleep, the one that usually sits behind the point of the 'i' in the word 'Thinkpad' printed on the back of the screen, is not where it should be. Instead of blinking behing the 'i', it seems to have falled down a little bit and is actually blinking behind the 'h'. Given the possibility that by sending my machine back to they again they might beak some other major thing, I will just keep it the way it is. Very small annoyance indeed. If anything, maybe I would prefer not to have a led at all.

Options

1 Posts

02-19-2017

Australia

1 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 56 of 58

2017-02-19, 7:38 AM

I have recently purchased a refurbished X240. It has the FHD touchscreen LCD and I have started to notice pretty bad ghosting. 

I assume that since the laptop is out of warranty, I would be dipping into my own wallet to replace the faulty screen? It would be nice if Lenovo could replace it at no cost, since they shipped these notebooks with faulty hardware. 

Options

7 Posts

12-23-2014

35 Signins

193 Page Views

• Message 57 of 58

2017-03-11, 14:10 PM

One more bad thing it took me years to find out. I opened my computer yesterday to see how easy it's going to be to upgrade (by myself) the SSD (by the way, it's pretty easy), and found that 2/3 of the screws that were supposed to be holding the battery in place were missing, as well as the single screw that was supposed to be holding the SSD in place. That's the kind of technician Lenovo has deal with my expensive machine. Ones that are too lazy to even put the screws back.

Options

52 Posts

08-25-2015

United States of America

125 Signins

1204 Page Views

• Views: 1204
  • Message 58 of 58

2018-01-31, 17:02 PM
I had this problem and I was a few weeks after the warranty expiration. They graciously agreed to replace the display panel. Unfortunately the panel they installed also had the same issue. Apparently they didn't screen their replacement panel inventory to purge the faulty panels.

c'est la vie
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms