Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 4,823
Message 21 of 58

Re: Bad ghosting / image retention on X240

on site warranty means technician comes to you. The benefit of onsite really is that you don't have to ship the machine off somewhere and wait 7 days or more to get machine back. Also, you can monitor the quality of work done.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
phositadc
Punch Card
Views: 4,805
Message 22 of 58

Mark, I sent you a PM several days ago in response to your request, and haven't heard back from you.  Just wanted to make sure you got my PM.  Thanks.

Former Administrator
Views: 4,779
Message 23 of 58

Got it!,

Yes - I've used the information you sent and our engineering team is evaluating this.   I'll share updates as this progresses.

Thanks

Mark

enndub
What's DOS?
Views: 4,735
Message 24 of 58

Any update on this? My less than a month old X240 has this same issue. Simply unacceptable for a device this expensive.

Highlighted
Former Administrator
Views: 4,688
Message 25 of 58

All,

Yes, we have made progress on this.    We are updating the service tip for this and have released revised LCDs for service to use to resolve this for any customers who experience these symptoms.

The updated panels have been previously introduced in manufacturing, so new models should not be affected.  

If you experience significant ghosting (that lasts more than 30 secs) please contact service.  I would suggest you wait about 1 week to contact service to allow time for service to be aware of the tip - it should be updated in the system over the next 24-48 hours.

Here are the updated LCD part numbers:

LCD 12.5” FHD IPS/Anti-Glare                                        00HM111

LCD 12.5” HD IPS/Anti-Glare                                          04X0437

Best regards, 

Mark

norritt
Punch Card
Views: 4,580
Message 26 of 58

I just posted my experiences (terrible ghosting with X240) in this thread of the forum where possible issues with the SPB2 Displays are being discussed. My display is reported to be an SPB2 by the system - but it still shows the ghosting effects, this is still the original display of my notebook exchanged hasn't happened yet.

Are the displays with the part number 00HM111 even newer (SPB3 or sth.) or are they of the same batch as the display that has been built into my notebook?

Former Employee
Views: 4,443
Message 27 of 58

Norritt, in answer to your question, the part numbers posted above are new and specific to the X240.

Thanks,

norritt
Punch Card
Views: 4,415
Message 28 of 58

Hi Amy,

thanks for the information. I'll get my current SPB2-display replaced next monday. I'll report back which model I'll have received afterwards. It took my current display a couple of month to develop the image retention issue (which is still getting worse), time wiill tell if the new display stays intact.

ClausSt
Paper Tape
Views: 4,401
Message 29 of 58

Is this fix available for Thinkpad Yoga users as well?

norritt
Punch Card
Views: 4,352
Message 30 of 58

Hello I just wanted to report back about the attemted repair today:

The technician just swapped the display of my X240. I asked him for the model number of the display and he said he replaced my display with exactly the same model that was built in before an "HM111".

The new display has bad ghosting right out of the box, its not yet as bright as with the display i've had before but it seems to burn in much faster. Plus the new display flickers like a CRT - so actually the repair mad things way worse.

Im now waiting for a callback on my electronic service call to get an appointment for another repair attempt.

The new display is again reported as SPB2 - so it looks like the issue persists even with the new parts.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors