21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 2

Baffled - HD won't boot in one machine, will in another

2009-03-31, 9:09 AM

x61s

XP

working fine, no new installs 

1) had a start-up fail with a 'critical battery error' message. no more starting up

2) with AC plugged in, goes to the screen with safe mode, safe mode with networking etc

3) no matter which I choose, it flashed to energy screen, then blue error screen, then back to safe mode screen

when I stick the hard drive into a T61 it starts up no problem

With the HD in the T61, I have tried all kinds of things to no avail.

I installed the Lenovo System Toolbox, but I get all kinds of errors of things encountering a problem, and program won't start

I tried to start up in the x61, after turning various things turned off in msconfig (using the HD in the T61), but no change 

was unable to get any of the restore points to work 

it seems like this must have something to do either with a HD problem, or a driver problem.

Nothing is showing up in my event viewer, or in my device manager.  i get an error about the 'interface is unknown'

ideas? 

Options

1407 Posts

10-26-2008

California, United States

711 Signins

35916 Page Views

• Views: 35916
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Baffled - HD won't boot in one machine, will in another

2009-03-31, 17:26 PM

"Critical battery error" refers to a problem with the CMOS battery. Possibly needing replacement. 

Try changing from AHCI to compatibility mode in the BIOS configuration. If already in compatibility mode, try the opposite.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save