Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mouadben
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,532
Message 1 of 13

Battery #1 not present internal battery X240

Dears, 

I'm facing this issue in my Thinkpad X240 "Battery #1 not present", I've tried many solutions like BIOS/Power manager/Battery device manager update ... but nothing works out. At the power manager interface, I can recognize just the removable battery.

Do you have please any suggestions to activate my internal battery ? 

Thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,514
Message 2 of 13

Re: Battery #1 not present internal battery X240

Hi,

Did the internal battery show up previously but doesn't now?

Does your laptop have an internal battery?  They don't all have one.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

mouadben
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,483
Message 3 of 13

Hello ,

Thanks for you reply.

It's a new laptop. I use it for the first time. Its serial Nr can be detected in Lenovo support plateform.

Yes, normally the laptop has an internal battery, as in device manager I can see 2 lines of "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery", I'm wondering if it's enough to deduce that we have two batteries.

Do you have any idea ?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,478
Message 4 of 13

What is the laptop's MT-M? (like 20AL008GUS as an example)

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

mouadben
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,472
Message 5 of 13

The product is : 20AM....

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,470
Message 6 of 13

The full MT-M is necessary to determine the original specification.  20AM includes models with and without an internal battery.

Z.

mouadben
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,466
Message 7 of 13

From where can I check the technical details relative to it ?

Thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,460
Message 8 of 13

A Google search on the full MT-M may reveal something.  You can also check the PSREF page:  http://psref.lenovo.com/http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Withdraw/ThinkPad_X240

Z.

mouadben
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,445
Message 9 of 13

I cannot find the full MTM code in the list !!

mouadben
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,443
Message 10 of 13

the file contains details till 2014, and the laptop discussed has been produced on after this date.

Top Kudoed Authors