Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-05-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 24
  • Message 11 of 12

Re: Battery life time on X1 Yoga or X1 4th Gen

2017-11-05, 13:07 PM
It's reassuring on the one hand (the problem isn't mine along) and disappointing on the other (the problem is in the machine) to learn that others have the same. My old *non*-OLED Yoga would give me easily 6 hours with screen brightness down. I was very excited at the prospect of an advertised 11 hours. The new X1 Yoga OLED gives me not much more than 3 hours, using only Word and with the screen uncomfortably dim. 'False advertising' is an accurate description. I would urge any buyer to avoid the OLED, and wish I hadn't gone for it.
Options

67 Posts

06-13-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

50 Signins

864 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 864
  • Message 12 of 12

Re: Battery life time on X1 Yoga or X1 4th Gen

2017-11-05, 13:37 PM

Guys - as I mentioned above - have you done any investigation as to what causes power draw?

- What is the discharge rate at 'idle' with a battery monitor (e.g. Battery Info, etc.)?

6W? More?

- What is the battery full charge capacity - and wear level?

As above mine was 75% and went down to as low as 61% (32Wh not 52Wh as rated) thus much less than designed.

- What is the CPU package power draw at idle (e.g. ThrottleStop, HWInfo, etc.)?

Should be less than 1W, mine is between 0.4-0.6W.

If the power draw is large we need to see a) whether CPU is able to idle in low C-states (not just core but package itself) and b) what device(s) cause(s) high power draw to disable/update drivers/etc. and c) whether the battery does indeed work as designed.

In my case (not the OLED version but still applicable) the SSD did not let the CPU idle and nor did the WiFi card; after updating firmware/drivers/etc. this has been fixed - and battery was replaced by Lenovo due to high wear. Just my experience - I hope it helps.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms