Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacksmart
What's DOS?
Views: 515
Message 11 of 14

Re: Battle of the Yogas: ThinkPad X1 Yoga (2nd gen) VS. Yoga 910

I appreciate your comparison.  Very helpful.  My problem is i recently bought a yoga 920 and i have had nothing but problems day in day out.  After many hours reading other peoples issues with the 920 it blows my mind how many people have the quality control issues i have.  I even met two people in the last month at a Starbucks who had the same problems as well: noisey fan, screen which does not rotate in tablet mode, bad motherboard, bad battery, sub par wifi, loose usb c boarts, keyboard noise and stuck keys.  But what was more disturbing besides the horrific customer service (and i bought their premium support protection) is that after months of trying to resolve this with Lenovo - asking for a full refund to go buy another machine - i finally received an email telling me they will be happy to send me a brand new one.  WHy is this disturbing because after feeling like this was a fair resolution i started to read how many of the people with 920's, since Jan 2018, have been shipped new 920's and had the same problems all over again.  And what is very scarey is that these dozens and dozens of 920 owners were on their 4th, 6th, and even 8th laptop sent back and forth never resolving these quality control issues.  SO - i am going to make an appeal for a different device as i don't see them ever giving me a refund.  All the specs on the 920 are things i wanted and suited my habits and use of a laptop and looking at something comparable brings me, i think, to the Yoga x1 (3rd generation).  Would you agree that the x1 would be a good replacement?  Do you hear the same problems existing with the x1?  I know i will still have the same terrible customer service and the problems associated with waiting 4 weeks for an on-site tech but if i cannot get out of this purchase i would accept those limitations if the laptop was free of these annoyances and obstacles.  Do you think from what you know and have heard that i can rely more on the x1's out there?  I look forward to your advice.

Guru
Views: 510
Message 12 of 14

I personally don't have any issues with the X1 Yoga. Generally speaking, the ThinkPad line is more durable than the other lines Lenovo makes. I would say the X1 would be a good replacement if the Yoga 920 keeps giving you issues. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

jacksmart
What's DOS?
Views: 499
Message 13 of 14

I didn't grasp the concept that you are a Lenovo Advocate but now it makes sense.  Sorry to have bothered you. I was looking for a more objective point of view but i appreciate your response.

Guru
Views: 488
Message 14 of 14

No problem. Just so you know, I don't work for Lenovo, I'm just a volunteer on the forums, so what I say are my opinions. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Top Kudoed Authors