Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freddellmeister
HDMI
Views: 1,801
Message 21 of 28

Re: Battle of the Yogas: ThinkPad X1 Yoga (2nd gen) VS. Yoga 910

Thanks for the feedback, I hope you can try a new pen and let us know how it feels..

M-Dobrick
Paper Tape
Views: 1,770
Message 22 of 28

On the topic of pens. Will any Wacom based pen work, or do I need a special one?

Guru
Views: 1,768
Message 23 of 28

Any Wacom AES pen. I've heard the Bamboo Smart and the ThinkPad Pen Pro work well on the X1 Yoga. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

rominjn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,724
Message 24 of 28

Hi Eric,

Thank you for this amazing review. It was the only review that thoroughly compared the X1 Yoga line with the Yoga 900 line so I’m super grateful for that. 

I’m a playwright that is looking for a 2-in-1 laptop that I can type on 70% of the time so a good keyboard is important. BUT I also go to conferences a lot where I need to write notes and do markups on documents by hand really quickly so I need a laptop that can turn into a tablet efficiently and that has a screen surface and stylus pen that allows for a fine,  “natural writing” feeling if you know what I mean.

I’m torn between the X1 Yoga (3rd gen) and the new Yoga C930. I know you haven’t reviewed these latest models but I’m wondering which one you’d recommend based on my needs as a writer. The X1 Yoga sounds best for its superior keyboard but the Yoga C930 with its built-in 4,096-pressure point pen sounds better for taking notes and doing markups by hand on the screen. Any recommendation you have for making a choice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks so much.

Dan

Guru
Views: 1,716
Message 25 of 28

One thing that's very different between the two are the speakers. The C930's speakers are far superior to the X1 Yoga, so if you plan on using your laptop for playing videos and audio regularly and what the highest quality audio, you'll want the C930.

I would say the X1 Yoga is the better device to jot down notes on because the keyboard retracts when it's in tablet mode. It has a pretty natural writing feel to it too... I have no complaints. Unless you're doing highly-detailed drawings and sketches, I would say the X1 Yoga is the better bet.

I haven't tried the keyboard on the C930, but it should be similar to the Yoga 910. The gist is that the X1 will be better for long typing sessions. Not that the C930's keyboard is bad or anything, it's just that the C930's keyboard is average, compared to an above average keyboard on the X1.

Hope that helps a bit Smiley Happy

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

M-Dobrick
Paper Tape
Views: 1,711
Message 26 of 28

I tend to agree. The retractable keys, the silo for the pen to remain "onboard at all times", and the X1's build quality sold me on it over the other Yoga's. I can't comment on a comparison between speakers or keyboards, other than to say my X1's keyboard is pretty dang nice, and the speakers make enough sound to watch a movie without any overtly obvious problems.

I've been marking up PDF's for years. Started on a Motion Computing LE1700, then went to an ASUS EP121, then a Thinkpad X230T, and now an X1 Yoga. The pressure sensitivity has NEVER been a consideration for me. All of them have marked drawings/documents with ease and precision.

The bigger issue for me has been calibration of location on the screen. The LE1700, EP121, and X1Y3 have excellent calibrations. No corner drift, no wierd movements near the edges, and good centering. The X230T was a basket case of a calibration, and it took a few weeks to really dial it in and get it working well. Not sure what the difference was on that screen, but it was finicky at best.

Hope that helps!
rominjn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,706
Message 27 of 28

Thanks Eric. This helps a lot!
rominjn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,706
Message 28 of 28

Thanks M-Dobrick! Your direct experience with the keyboard and marking up docs on the X1 Yoga helps me a lot.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors