Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ravenstein
Punch Card
Views: 350
Message 1 of 3

Be warned of update to 1903 of Win 10!

Even through it says Win 10 1803 is to out of service in Nov. 12th 2019, my experience says it is very unreliable:

- WiFi and BT getting very unstable, e.g. lost signal and cannot be found irregularly;

- As always, force you to login mircrosoft account together with your outlook/excel, which manages all your passwords incl. WiFi passwords;

- Even if you roll-back, which goes through old-windows folder;

- Many complaints about hardware issues can be found by google (incl. lenovo forum);

Capture.JPG

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

I cannot find any noticable improvement w.r.t. speed, fan noise, occupying space and most important a reliable Back and Restore program!

Really regretted to have tried this update (1803 => 1903).

Ravenstein
Punch Card
Views: 234
Message 2 of 3

Re: Be warned of update to 1903 of Win 10!

Once you have tried the update, even if you can (said to) restore to 1803.  It is not the previous state anymore. e.g.

- some unknown USB device cannot uninstall, i.e. even if you uninstall it, refreshing "device manager", it is back again, that will block e.g. my BT to appear startup;

- for sure, you cannot find some options anymore, e.g. fast start-up under advanced power setting, etc.

If you try check the system integrity, by using (under admin) :

sfc /scannow

it will report corrupted files and cannot fix!

voidshatter
Punch Card
Views: 211
Message 3 of 3

Re: Be warned of update to 1903 of Win 10!

Windows 10 LTSB 1607 and Windows 10 LTSC 1809 are both very good choices if you want to avoid the harassment of feature updates. Rolling release may not be a good choice for everyone.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors