09-04-2019 08:07 AM
Even through it says Win 10 1803 is to out of service in Nov. 12th 2019, my experience says it is very unreliable:
- WiFi and BT getting very unstable, e.g. lost signal and cannot be found irregularly;
- As always, force you to login mircrosoft account together with your outlook/excel, which manages all your passwords incl. WiFi passwords;
- Even if you roll-back, which goes through old-windows folder;
- Many complaints about hardware issues can be found by google (incl. lenovo forum);
I cannot find any noticable improvement w.r.t. speed, fan noise, occupying space and most important a reliable Back and Restore program!
Really regretted to have tried this update (1803 => 1903).
09-11-2019 08:20 AM - edited 09-11-2019 08:22 AM
Once you have tried the update, even if you can (said to) restore to 1803. It is not the previous state anymore. e.g.
- some unknown USB device cannot uninstall, i.e. even if you uninstall it, refreshing "device manager", it is back again, that will block e.g. my BT to appear startup;
- for sure, you cannot find some options anymore, e.g. fast start-up under advanced power setting, etc.
If you try check the system integrity, by using (under admin) :
it will report corrupted files and cannot fix!
09-11-2019 03:18 PM
Windows 10 LTSB 1607 and Windows 10 LTSC 1809 are both very good choices if you want to avoid the harassment of feature updates. Rolling release may not be a good choice for everyone.