cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
therourke
Serial Port
Views: 761
Message 1 of 3

Best SSD for WWAN slot in x270? (M.2 NGFF)

I would like to add an SSD to the WWAN slot in my x270. I have read around that the format is M.2 NGFF 22*42mm. This KingSpan seems to be the cheapest option I can find. A similar KingSpec on Amazon. The 2nd link shows the CrystalDiskMark scores, and they are way down on my current main SSD in the x270. Are these cheap SSD drives worth it? Trust worthy? Is there a better / faster option that isn't going to break the bank? As much advice as you have is appreciated.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 759
Message 2 of 3

Re: Best SSD for WWAN slot in x270? (M.2 NGFF)

From the documents, that's a SATA slot.  ~ 500MB/sec is the best it can support.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Guru
Views: 672
Message 3 of 3

Re: Best SSD for WWAN slot in x270? (M.2 NGFF)

I bought a Transcend 128GB MTS400 2240 M.2 for my X250 and it works great. The Transcend SSD Scope software lets you easily clone the disk (f needed - a clean install is better) and speeds are good, I'm getting almost the full advertised 560MB/s read and 160MB/s write.

Worth paying a little extra for an SSD backed up by a company that has a UK office and a decent warranty. 

--
I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal experience and willingness to help others as a volunteer.

If my reply helps you in any way, press the star on the left to give Kudos.
If your question is answered, you can click on Accept as Solution.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors