05-29-2019

US

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

BitLocker Blue screen after motherboard replaced

2019-05-29, 18:37 PM

Hoping someone could help me. I have a Lenovo x1 Carbon Thinkpad (20KG). It was sent to Lenovo for repair that required it to replace the motherboard. All covered under warranty (its less than a year old) and turned around the repair in about a week. Only problem is that now when I turn it on, I get the blue bitLocker screen looking for bitlocker key. I don't have a bitlocker key so I called Lenovo Support and the only help was to access a Microsoft account to get the bitlocker key. The only Microsoft account that I could access does not have any Bitlocker information as I setup the laptop to use a local account, not a Microsoft account. The Lenovo support person said the only way to get it was through the Microsoft account, but that was a dead end. He als mentioned there was a Microsoft BitLocker website that I should be able to access, but he could not provide any website details as he did not know the URL of the site, so he passed me to what he called his Microsoft experts at Lenovo. He just transferred me to Microsoft, where I had to go through an IVR and start all over again. I did get a live person at Microsoft, but was told I needed to pay them to help me with the Bitlocker issue. Does anyone here know how this can be fixed? My biggest issue is that the repair was done by Lenovo and they should help wth the Bitlocker issue, not Microsoft. I assume Lenovo has replaced motherboards before and I'm sure the Bitlocker blue screen gets triggered because the hard drive is not familiar with the new motherboard, but somehow Lenovo is no longer able to help. I would appreciate any help from this forum.

Options

175 Posts

09-06-2018

PH

128 Signins

731 Page Views

• Views: 731
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: BitLocker Blue screen after motherboard replaced

2019-05-30, 21:39 PM

Hi cgiannotti!

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums. Is this Windows 10? BitLocker is an encryption security product, Lenovo does not store or provide a recovery key. There is no way we can bypass the process. 

You may check this website to find the Bitlocker recovery key: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4026181/windows-10-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

If cannot recover, the only option to get the computer back to normal operation is to reinstall windows 10. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete