Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnXX1
Paper Tape
Views: 142
Message 1 of 2

Bleed spots on X1E

Hi. I have a new X1E with the 4k display on which I noticed  some 'extra' bleed in the left corner and top middle. I'm aware that some bleed seems to be "normal" or "accepted" on IPS panels.  I find it interesting however that a HP Zbook G3 that I have here does not seem to have that issue. Note that the pictures are not what the human eye sees of course, the screen is not that ugly as on the pic. In fact it's pretty good and really black (more black than the HP) however, the X1E has the bleed mark in the left corner, and to a lesser extend, top middle which immediately draws attention in a dark environment and black background. The HP has more bleed in general but it's divided equally, there a no spots that are standing out.

That said I was hoping to get some feedback if a) this amount of bleed (and then I mean the spots marked in red on the pic) is really acceptable or not? and b) what are my chances getting a unit without bleed when I send it back and order it again? or can I have this repaired? I waited 2 weeks for this unit to arrive, so my guess is that sending it back, waiting for money, ordering again will take 1.5-2months.

bleed-x1e-overview.jpgbleed-x1e-detail.jpg

Guru
Views: 76
Message 2 of 2

Re: Bleed spots on X1E

From reviews that I've seen with this panel (on X1E and P1) the upper left and right corners seem to have bleed. On my P1, the bleed lessens as the panel warms up, but it is still discernible on a totally black background. You will likely not obtain a better panel.

P53 XEON 2276 BIOS 1.15 OLED UHD 4K Multi-touch display, 32GB, RTX5000, RAID 1, 1TB x 2 Samsung PM981, WWAN
P70 XEON 1505, BIOS 2.32, 4k Display, 64GB, M3000M NVIDIA GPU, RAID1 1TB Samsung PM981 PCIe-NVMe SSD x 2, 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD. EM7455 WWAN
P1. BIOS 1.24,Xeon Processor, 32GB, PM981 1TB x 2, RAID1
T470s, 16GB RAM, BIOS 1.10, i7-7500, WQHD display, 512GB PM961 PCIe NVMe SSD

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors