Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 1 of 7 (2,438 Views)

Blue Screen (BSOD) Occurs Frequently When Waking Up from Standby and Hibernate On X200s XP XP3

Is any one else having this problem?

I am getting frequent Blue Screen (BSOD) crashes when coming out of standby or hibernate.

After it happened several times I first removed the fingerprint software and disabled the fingerprint reader, and Lenovo Password Manager.  Problem still occured.

Then i removed Lenovo Power Center. Problem still occured.

Machine model: 7465CTO

This machine has a factory install XP downgrade. All current Thinkvantage updates. It does not have Intel Turbo memory.

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 7 (2,381 Views)

Re: Blue Screen (BSOD) Occurs Frequently When Waking Up from Standby and Hibernate On X200s XP XP3

I got the exactly same problem with exactly same machine model and OS. Right now the BSOD comes up everytime I start windows. I am calling Lenovo.

Anyone else?

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 7 (2,317 Views)

Re: Blue Screen (BSOD) Occurs Frequently When Waking Up from Standby and Hibernate On X200s XP XP3

Same problem. I have a X200s, model 7469-5GG, running 4Gb of RAM (2 modules for 2Gb each)

I also have a factory downgrade to XP SP3, latest Bios (version 2.06) and fingerprint reader driver (3.2.0.275).

I can add that I get beeps when trying to resume. In particular it is 1 beep + 3 beeps +3 beeps + 1 beep. This combination of beeps should have to do with SO-DIMM or motherboard problems. I have tried to shift the two DIMM modules, with no luck. What seems to solve the problem is carrying only one 2Gb-DIMM module.

Did any of you find a better solution?

Davide

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 7 (2,312 Views)

The outsourced technician came in to replace the HD (!?) and he think there is some problem with motherboard or memory. But probably the better idea is to send in to depot and let Lenovo people take care of it, which I am going to do later.
Punch Card
Message 5 of 7 (2,298 Views)

Davide,

I also have 4GB of memory from the factory (at least I think I do, the System Control Panel says "2.95GB of RAM Physical Address Extension) , but haven't tried removing one of the DIMMs.

dutch

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 7 (2,287 Views)

I also have 4GB of memory from the factory (at least I think I do, the System Control Panel says "2.95GB of RAM Physical Address Extension) , but haven't tried removing one of the DIMMs.

this has to do with the fact that XP cannot use all the 4GB. Actually, I have read somewhere that there is way to have xp using all the 4Gb but I was not able to do it.

I probably have found another workaround to the resume problem. In fact, today I have been using the 4Gb, but instead of stand-by mode, I used hybernate and had no problem resuming.

Davide

Punch Card
Message 7 of 7 (2,178 Views)

After reinstalling Thinkpad Power Management Driver 1.52 and Thinkvantage Power Manager 1.54, and other stuff in the normal course of usin the machine, I talked to a  Lenovo customer service rep who walked me through a bunch of steps, incl. removing the AC adapter and the battery, pushing the power on button 10 times (apparently to drain capacitance), and retrying sleep without the battery, which worked. But then it would not go to sleep but would hang before it turned on the sleep light, and would not restart unless I held down the power button to force power off.

I was then told to reinstall the software from the recovery CDs. Reluctantly (and skeptically) I did (actually on a new hard drive). The un-modified C drive image does not happear to have a problem with sleep or hibernate.

At this point, I will limp along without using sleep or hibernate until I decide to move to the Lenovo Vista image or move to the soon-to-be-released Windows 7 RC1.

Thanks for the responses to my first post.

Top kudoed Authors