Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-30-2018

Indonesia

7 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 1 of 1

Blue Screen and beep codes

2018-03-30, 23:18 PM

Hello!

So my 4 year-old X440 laptop decided to die on me yesterday. It was working just fine 2 days ago, but suddenly I couldn't turn it on. So I tried charging it, the light indicator was yellow so it was charging and actually fully-charged. Then I just left it unplugged for a few hours. Around four hours later, I came back and it was working just fine! I was able to watch 2 movies even.

Last night I was gonna use it, again, it turned on just fine. I managed to access my browser. And then I went to check on my phone for a few minutes and my laptop was supposedly in the sleep mode. I pressed a few keys but no sign of turning on. Tried pressing the power button then just to get a 1-3-3-1 beep code. It was over-heating too (yesterday when I watched the movies, it never overheat).

This morning I turned it on again with the hopes it could work, and it actually did. But after a few minutes I got the bluescreen that says "your pc ran into a problem and it needs to restart". But it didn't restart, it just shut down so I thought I had to manually turn it on again. So I did, aaaand I got the 1-3-3-1 beep code. It also overheat while it didn't even last for like, 15 mins!

Please help! I googled it and mostly said it's memory and/or motherboard related problem. In my case, which one is it? Will I be able to fix it or is it a dead board? If I went to a technician, do I still have a few days or should I hurry myself? Please, please help and thank you in advance!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms