Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blet
What's DOS?
Views: 230
Message 1 of 3

Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

Having an X-1 Carbon I've been forced to either get an USB extension or turn to bluetooth, and I've decided to use bluetooth for my mouse.

I initially purchased a Targus Bluetooth Comfort Mouse and noticed that it would just go to sleep on me. In order to temporarily fix it I would have to unistall and reinstall the driver repeatedly, restart my computer, change the batteries, only to get it to work for another 12 hours.

I read that it was an issue specifically with Windows 7, so I decided to purchase another bluetooth mouse.

I'm now using a Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 and am experiencing the same problems.

I have a hard time believing that a Microsoft Mouse has compatability issues with it's own operating system.

Is bluetooth really this unreliable? Or am I missing an easy fix?

Any info helps.

Thanks!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 188
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

@Blet,

Does the mouse come with any particular driver or software? How do you pair the BT mouse with the laptop? Use the laptop and search for the BT mouse when the mouse is in paring mode correct?

Thanks

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
Blet
What's DOS?
Views: 181
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

It doesn't come with a particular driver/software. I just use the add device feature and find/install the driver while the mouse is in pairing mode.

I'm not having a problem pairing the mouse, and even when the mouse goes to sleep on me I still see it active in my devices & Printers window.

Since I've written my original post my Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse has stopped working on me three times. I've had to uninstall the device and reinstall the device each time to get it to work again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors