Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idanan
Token Ring
Views: 1,178
Message 1 of 7

Bluetooth Headset No Longer Working on Carbon X1 Gen 2

After not using a bluetooth set for a while, it is no longer working with my X1 Carbon Gen 2. This same headset used to work with this computer and still works with a cellphone.

However, with Bluetooth Enabled and the headset powered, the device shows up in the list of Bluetooth Devices and is shown to be of type Heaset. The Headset service option is enabled in its property settings too. It does not appear in the list of Playback devices, although the device paired properly.

Things already tried to solve this but did not work:

- Toggle Bluetooth antena on and off

- Disable and renable Bluetooth

- Update Bluetooth driver.

- Uninstall and reinstall Bluetooth drive.

- Update sound driver.

- Uninstall and reinstall sound driver.

- Even tried the bluetooth with the sound driver uninstalled!

The problem always remains the same: Bluetooth is on, the device pairs and shows up in the list of Bluettoh device and has the headset service enabled, yet no sound comes out of it and it never appears in the list of playback devices.

The X1 Carbon Gen 2 is running an up-to-date Windows 7 64-bit. The Lenovo System update shows that everything else is up to date.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance,

- Itai

David_J_W
802.11n
Views: 1,148
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bluetooth Headset No Longer Working on Carbon X1 Gen 2

I would uninstall the Bluetooth headset from the Device Manager. If the headset has a reset capability, reset the headset. Re-pair the headset. Does it work now?

idanan
Token Ring
Views: 1,143
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Sounds like a good suggestion, but unfortunately, the headset itself does not show in the Device Manager.

There are entries under Bluetooth Radios for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator.

Under Network Adapters, there are two Bluetooh entries: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) and

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocal TDI). Also looked under Sound Video and Game controllers which

only shows the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver.

The headset appears in the Device and Printers folder though and I did remove it and add it back, with a

reboot in between for good measure, but nothing changed. It clearly gets detected but something does

not let it become a Playback Device.

Does this help identify the issue? Any other suggestions?

Thanks again!

- Itai

David_J_W
802.11n
Views: 1,138
Message 4 of 7

On Windows 10 (using the Microsoft Bluetooth stack with the Intel Wireless-AC 18260 card in my X1 Yoga), Bluetooth audio devices do appear in Device Manager. I don't have a Windows 7 machine with Bluetooth handy in order to check. It might be worth setting Device Manager to the "Devices by Connection" view, then drilling down through USB to Bluetooth in order to see if there are any devices relating to the headset.

Another thought: With the headset connected, what happens if you right click the volume control in the system tray and choose "Playback Devices" from the menu? Can you right click the headset in the resulting dialog, then "Set as Default Device"? If so, does that help?

idanan
Token Ring
Views: 1,135
Message 5 of 7

Just learned something, the Devices by Connection view! Can't find it there either.

Under Playback Devices, the headset does not appear. I've tried this plenty of times but nothing.

I believe the source of the problem is what prevents it from appearing there. I disabled and re-enabled

each service on the headset one by one independently to see if that makes a difference, but again, no.

Can I force the device to be registered in the Playback devices somehow? Or cause Windows to scan

again to regenerate this list?

Thanks again!

idanan
Token Ring
Views: 1,021
Message 6 of 7

Turns out it was a driver issue, the previous update broke it and the lasted one fixed it. The problem went away after installing giww13ww.exe from the Lenovo Support site.

TripleX1
Token Ring
Views: 1,006
Message 7 of 7

I've personally always used the drivers on Intel's support site "Intel PROSet/Wireless Software" they have the latest WLAN/BT drivers - they support Lenovo's (and other OEMs) specific IDs as well. I've done this for years on all my X1s with no issues.

Latest BT version for 7260 is 19.11.1639 which is a bit newer than the one on Lenovo's site. Lenovo usually takes a few months to provide the same update...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals