Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmkind
Fanfold Paper
Views: 309
Message 1 of 1

Bluetooth abruptly stopped working on X270

I'm using a fairly new X270 (about two months old) with Windows 10, machine type 20HNCTO1WW.  Yesterday, as far as I could tell, my Bluetooth suddenly stopped working.  By "as far as I can tell", I mean that my only reason for using Bluetooth is an audio receiver connected to my stereo; so I don't have any other devices to check it with.  (Before I go any further, I'll add that the receiver still works fine with my three-year-old Yoga.)

Basically, my music stopped playing.  I tried restarting my computer and reconnecting to the device.  In nearly every instance, my X270 was unable to reconnect with the receiver.  In the two or three instances when it did reconnect, it played music briefly--no more than thirty seconds--and then abruptly stopped.

The only thing out-of-the-ordinary going on during this time was that within a few minutes of the problem's appearance I got a notice from Lenovo Update stating that an update was ready.  Lenovo Companion shows that it installed

- Intel Management Engine 11.8 Firmware - 7 [32,64]/8.1/10 [64] - V.11.8.50.3425

- Intel 8265 Wireless LAN Driver - 10 [64] - V.19.71.1.1

As for how far along these updates were when they were announced, who knows?  The process by which Windows alerts me of its updates is still a bit opaque to me (I haven't had too much time to investigate it yet), and I'm not sure how far that might extend to Lenovo's updates.

Anyway, if anyone has any insight or suggestions, I'd be most appreciative.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors