Did you mean: 
rudiwave
Serial Port
Views: 242
Message 1 of 7

Bluetooth not working/visible after update

Hey,

I always had issues with my bluetooth:

Sometimes after booting, bluetooth just was not available - not even visible in the device-manager. A restart was eneough to fix the problem.

Now after the newest Windows update, the same issue reappeared, however restarting does not help anymore. I also tried restarting the bluetooth-services in the system services manager, but that did not help?

Does someone have any suggestions?

Cheers, Rudi

Lenovo Employee Harper_xi
Lenovo Employee
Views: 212
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bluetooth not working/visible after update

It's not sure what's the cause of this issue from your description.

Try to uninstall the Bluetooth driver in device manger and restart the machine (make sure the driver is really uninstalled).

Then  re-install the Bluetooth driver via TVSU/Vantage or manually install the EXE download from web (https://support.lenovo.com/)

rudiwave
Serial Port
Views: 183
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for the suggestion! The Thing is, Bluetooth is not even visible in the device manager...

cheers, Rudi

Lenovo Employee
Views: 161
Message 4 of 7

Is there a update push by Vantage/TVSU? If there is. Try to update the driver without uninstall the current bluetooth driver. 

Besides, would you please help to provide more information? ( Such as the model of your machine , the bluetooth driver version etc.)

rudiwave
Serial Port
Views: 119
Message 5 of 7

There were some new updates with Vantage and I installed them. Afterwards Bluetooth was visible again in the device-manager, however it said, that there is a problem and the blueooth device could not be started.

I then uninstalled the driver and tried to reinstall it by checking for updates with Vantage/TVSU - however there weren´t any. So I downloaded them dircetly from the Lenovo-Page

Installation was seemingly succesful, but after a restart Bluetoth is still not working and also not visible in the device-manager...

I am using a X1 Extreme 20MF000TGE btw.

rudiwave
Serial Port
Views: 93
Message 6 of 7

Small update: after some more restarts, Bleutooth is again visble in the device-manager, however the problem persists... 

"Device could not be started (Code 10)"

Lenovo Employee
Views: 64
Message 7 of 7

It can't be reproduced for driver owner.

Would you please help to check your hardware?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors